fundgh

Psycho Pack

How many people out there actually use the psycho pack or some variation? Is there anything wrong with the psycho pack: is it dangerous, does it put wear and tear on the canopy or lines, is it a pain in the arse?
...FUN FOR ALL!

I usually pro-pack and so do my packers. However, a friend of mine did a psycho pack for me once, and the only difference I noticed when I jumped was the canopy opened a bit slower. Nothing too dramatic, but enough of a difference that I noticed it.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

search the posts.. there has been alot written on it.. I personally like the openings of a psycho pack.. I jump a crossfire... I have also packed my last 250 jumps like that and I have developed some pretty fast ways to do it.. so now I can do a complete pack job in about 4-5 minutes (if I am rushing)
I say pack the way you want, but be consistant.. if you dont like your openings than change what you are doing...
-yoshi

I learned how to psycho pack from the get-go. I've used it with my old Sabre & Heatwave, and I currently use it with great success on my Stiletto.

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

one thing that I do is before I roll the canopy up (in place of the s folds) I pull the tail to one side so when I roll it up the bridal attachment point is exposed and where it would be if I pro-packed it...that works pretty well for me..
-yoshi

I use it on my main (Xaos). It really still is a propack, just a different way of bagging it. I prefer it because I can keep better tension and symmetry in the line groups than when I propack. I also think I pack faster with this method. I highly recommend a bridle extension for this...

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

I use a modified Psycho pack, I guess.

Basically, I keep everything exactly like a PRO-pack, instead of S-folding it, I roll the canopy down on top of itself (ends up like the Psycho pack after you've flipped it back over, but I never flip over the canopy as it's already in the correct position).

I find I don't need a bridle extension, get the best of both worlds with this pack job, and can tame the slipperiest beast with this one. The only disadvantage is that you don't get the "exhausting" effect of pushing the air out of that large vent down by the lines on a traditional Psycho pack.

I always called it a modified PRO-pack, but someone said I should call it a modified Psycho-pack...whatever...

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

Getting a bridle extension is definitely a good idea

What's a bridle extention?

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

speaking of modified psycho packs has anyone wolmarie (I dont know if I spelled that right) packed??

I saw something about it a long time ago, but I never have seen anyone do it..
-yoshi