sundevil777

How much can main riser covers hold the freebag in the container?

What I meant was that for those CREW dogs out there who do jump round reserves exclusively... I think (Hookit please correct me here) that some of the newer rigs do not have manufacturer approval to install and pack round reserves in them...
[/reply>

There's very few of those out there anymore however. The only CRWdogs I know who have a round reserve are those who are jumping old gear and can't afford a square. The slight benefits you can get by having a round don't outweigh the negatives of a round in my opinion.

W

I was wondering how much force is required to lift the freebag out of the tray when the main is still there, especially for some rigs with main riser covers that seem to overlap the profile of the reserve tray so much (seems like the Wings and Teardrop containers are especially like this)

Here is a good example:
http://www.perriscam.com/Images4/dsg56088.JPG

the design holds the free bag until full bridle extension

Yes it does, and so did the staging loop on my old Stewart Sweethog, held the flaps closed until extension of the bridle.

I don't think using the main riser covers as a staging mechanism is the best method of achieving what might not even be a good effect.

I now realize that both Infinity and Vector 3's have the clever reserve side flap extensions that result in less need for such big main riser covers. Of course the Infinity is even more clever because Kelly does it without an extra seam.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am