freeflyz

Video Editing Software?

I use Studio 7 it is very easy to edit with but is limited to single stream video. Vegas video by sonic foundry is very good also easy to use. Adobe premier seems to be the choice for some people try to download trial versions and try them all out.
David:)

Jedeisurf and myself use studio 7 for tandem videos. It is very easy to use and quick. We can do a 15 to 20 min. video in about 20 to 30 mins. complete with multipule sound clips, transitions and rendering. I had never edited video before using it and had a small movie in about an hour. It's all in how professional you want the videos to be. We haven't had any complaints.

What video software you use depends on what type of video's you want to create. If you just want basic tandem vids with some transitions, get any of the $99 video editing cards/programs at Best Buy. If you want to do some more complex layered editing, look into Adobe Premiere. The Avids are also great editors, I think Premiere is a little more user friendly than Avid Express, but Avid 9000XL is awesome. Please note though that Avid's aren't just programs, they are editing suites, and aren't practical for most people. Apple Final Cut Pro is also a nice program and comparable to Premiere.

If you want to get into Digital Effects, check out Adobe After Effects and Borix FX. If you want to REALLY get into special effects, look into 3D studio max and Maya (Star Wars type stuff).

Any Video editing takes a lot of time, more than you could ever imagine, so be prepared to do some reading and A LOT of sitting in front of your computer playing with everything.

AVID has many forms of its software as well as whole systems. You can buy Express DV as just the program, or a bundle, or a system, or add any bells and whistles you want.B|
They just unvieled AVID DNA that can handle all sorts of sources... It's expensive, but AVID is a good company in the sense that they tend to take what they've learned from the higher end software/systems and roll it into their whole product line. :)I've got to say that the Color Coded/Mapped out keyboards make working within the software very simple. and faster.
Check out www.avid.com or www.promax.com (where my brother has bought a lot of gear/software and has been very happy with the service he got)

hope this helps a little.
matt

just started using premier
some awsome tutorials here

http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotutorial/tutorials.htm

yes i know forgot how to make it clicky :$

Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed.
Michael Pritchard.

I Started with Premiere, and now I'm working on an Avid machine. Avid is a beast !!

I think that for Premiere you'll find the most tutorials, information, tips, and feedback on the internet - so I would recommend to go with that as a way to learn your way into NLE - it worked for me :)

checkout the Premiere forums and turorials at:

http://www.creativecow.net
http://www.wwug.com
Be Simple, Be Creative, Bee!
Sharon.

Pinacle just dropped their price on Liquid Purple from 5000 to 1495.... It's pretty much real time everything and 3 channel color correction and all kinds of bells and whistles an what not. has DVD authoring built in to it as well as a couple other cool functions. Like about a thousand.

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky