NathanL100

Allround Helmet Setup?

I'm looking to get setup with a allround helmet and camera setup. I want to be able to freefly it, film tandems, flim RW, and birdman it. I'm thinking that the only way to do this is to have two helmets. I'm going with a PC101 so that I can have a low-profile set up for freefly and birdman, but I can't figure out how to take that camera and set it up for RW and Tandems. Any suggestions??
Base # 942
The race is long and in the end, its only with yourself.

If you are sold on going with a pc101 I would go with something like the optik. You can make two sets of holes for the pc side mount. One set will be the correct angle for freeflying and the other for tandems. You can put a still camera on the top when you need one.

There are some manufactures of L-brackets that have a line of swivel brackets..
YOu just loosen a screw and change it on the fly, easy!!..
I know that the guys who make the Velocity helmets in California make a really good L-bracket for about any helmet and it swivels with I think like 60 degrees of motion.. I just cant remember the name of the company though.... Look through the gear section and I know you can find them..

I use an Optik for all kinds of flying. Freefly, RW, and Tandem. I don't really see the necessity to change mounting angles for freeflying vs. Tandem or RW. Mine is set up at 0 degrees and works fine for all. You may want to have a wider lense for Freefly vs. Tandem but that is cake to change.

Skydive Radio

>I just cant remember the name of the company >though....

I believe it's skydance photography.

That's what I have, a Skydance System 3. The L bracket can be changed, but only from horizontal to vertical.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

The L bracket can be changed, but only from horizontal to vertical.

Just to clarify, the "L" bracket I got from Skydance will swivel a nearly full 340 degrees in either direction, up or down.

This makes it easy to re-aim your camera for different tasks, also it makes it easy to invert your camera, so that the picture is upside down.

The downside to the swivel braket is that it is quite wide, and pushes your camera a good inch out from the helmet.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Thank you Andy. I stand corrected. I should have read closer, and realized this was a side mount L bracket, not the front still cam mount.

Thanks for the heads up. Assuming I am correct this time, do you have any idea what the price would be for that mount? It's not on their website http://www.pia.com/skydance/.
I just received my order from Steve. A new still mount, Blow switch, and a 55mm uv filter. Prompt service, and excellent quality.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Skydance does offer excellent service, but their prices really not very compeditive for anything that they do not make.

It's ood that the swivel mount isn't on their webpage. That's where I ordered mine from. I forget how much I paid for it.

Steve on the left: http://bombshelter.ca/~andy/photos/WFFC02W/pages/WFFC02%20020.htm

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.