MichelleRichard

Rawa Camera Helmets

Lots of previous posts, including pictures, etc. Do a search on RAWA in this forum for lots of reading material and pictures.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Was playing with a friend's Rawa yesterday.
Things I liked a lot: very comfy, very light, very smart chin cup, cheap, nice option for upside-down camera mount
Things I disliked: forget about still camera top mount, platform is way too small
Things I seriously disliked: the camera box. They need to put more effort in it. Poor job. It does not look snag proof to me. Taking camera in and out - if you need to do it often - is pain.
So, my personal impression: I really liked the helmet, but not it's "camera" part ;). I won't go for it. It could be a nice cheap fun helmet, though.

they have a new website www.rawa.com.br , if u can read spanish:S

ROTFLMAO Dude, it's Brazilian Portuguese, not Spanish. How come I get the feeling that if I gave you a map of the world you couldn't point out where Brazil is located? LOL J/K;)

I've actually heard the opposite about their helmets. supposedly very comfortable and the cam box integration was excellent. In fact I am waiting for them to finish building a box for the PC100 so I can place my order.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

In fact I am waiting for them to finish building a box for the PC100 so I can place my order.

I'm in exactly the same situation. I'm flying in the tunnel tonight and having Juliana bring her RAWA so I could check it out. Last week she said it would be about another month until the box for the PC-100 is ready. I'll let you know of any updates when I speak with her next.

I currently fly a bat-rack with both stills and PC-100 top mounted (look closely at avatar). It's great for filming RW, Tandems, AFF. However, I want something with a lower profile for Bird-man flights and free-flying.

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

In fact I am waiting for them to finish building a box for the PC100 so I can place my order.

I'm in exactly the same situation. I'm flying in the tunnel tonight and having Juliana bring her RAWA so I could check it out. Last week she said it would be about another month until the box for the PC-100 is ready. I'll let you know of any updates when I speak with her next.

She is the one I have been dealing with. I'm waiting for her to get back to me on it's availability and payment via CC when it does show up. Good to hear there is someone close to "push" the issue. I want the RAWA for BM flights too, I think it's the best one for it so far.

I currently fly a bat-rack with both stills and PC-100 top mounted (look closely at avatar). It's great for filming RW, Tandems, AFF. However, I want something with a lower profile for Bird-man flights and free-flying.

Cheers!

--Jairo

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Man I have a RAWA. The fit is perfect. The angle of the camera is perfect. I have the headdown and headup version box. It is pretty close to being snag proof.. Better than anything else I have seen.. Th helmet is light as hell.. Looks really sharp like a freefly helmet should. Mine is white actually..

The only cons I would have to say would be the material.. I dont think that it would hold up if I threw it out of a moving vehicle at 60 mph.. The bone head optik would though.. But then the optik is much heavier.. Also.. You cant really change the angle say if you freefly then want to video a tandem. You then really have to know the angle of your camera to get the shot on tandems and it takes a different flying style to really get the shot...

I really like my camera helmet and for the money and the fit of custom measurement I think I would order another one if I lost this one