freefallin14

Anyone jump a TRV25?

Have not jumped one but I have looked at them. Thye only obvious negative that I can see is the lanc port is under the same rubber cover as every other port. To hook into it you will have to remove that protective cover and all of your other ports will always be exposed.

Or drill a hole in the cover, which means even with the cover closed, your LANC is exposed. Did this with my PC1, and more recently my PC120. I used to cringe whenever I took a drill or dremel to a camera, now it's no big deal. Kind of funny to see the reaction of people when I start drilling or grinding on their new cameras...

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

One just showed up at the DZ a few weeks ago... looks like a great platform for top mouting video. The drilling of the hole is an issue but if you have a D-box thats going to be an issue getting the cables routed right... but its not that hard.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Thanks for all the replies. I will have to talk to you guys in detail about the drilling and mounting and such when I actually get it. Was also wondering if it would be wirth it to go with the TRV50 for the hundred bucks more it costs. Or to find a TRV18 since it would be cheaper than the 25. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bret

Yes....Well a TRV 27 which is the same, the only difference is that the TRV27 has a larger LCD.
I have not had to drill anythig, I'll e-mail you pictures of my set up next time, you can e-mail me at home [email protected]
It is a great camera!
what helmet are you going to mount it on?
D-Box?

LIFE IS LIKE A CIGARETTE, YOU CAN SIT THERE AND WATCH IT BURN AWAY OR YOU CAN SMOKE THAT BITCH TO THE FILTER

Yes, the 30 and the 50 are pretty much the same. The 50 has Bluetooth, which most of us don't have any need for, and the improved Sony flash for stills - again something you probably won't need.

In a TRV/top-mount, I'd definitely go for the 30. Excellent camera choice. The PC115 is also an excellent choice. Same quality and features of the TRV30 in a smaller package. Only about 1/2 inch taller, so you can still top mount just fine, but small enough to side-mount, also.

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.