TheMonkey

DBox for PC101

Bonehead makes a one-size-fits-none dbox for pc cameras now. as opposed to 'clam shell' design of past, the camera is dropped in from the top on the new design. The box looks bigger and bulkier, and is rather unappealling seeing as i bought the camera for it's size. Any suggestions? X-Jacket? btw, a camera condom wouldn't work as i am extremely clumsy and dumb and bang my head around a lot!

thanks, The Monkey

how about building a dbox from a fiberglass repair kit? creating my own, one of a kind, monkey original.....any suggestions, comments??????

can you help a brother out???!!!!

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

problem is can't find them anywhere....everyone has the new bonehead box.....have tried aerostore, para gear, para equip, the ranch, pier ltd, and square 1.....and bonehead

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

The Monkey and I both ordered one from Cookie. It fit's pretty much like a glove! Clam shell based. It's quite obvious that the mold for a PC101 was used. They were great to deal with and provide a quality product. I suggest some type of foam shock absorber. I am still waiting on my new helmet, but I think it will work perfect!

Thanks to you, I think I'll have something to keep me busy this weekend and the next.:)
I've found me a store here that sells fiber glass stuff to make me a d-box.

Here it is in case anybody else dares to.
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=165&langId=-1&subdeptNum=11160&storeNum=4

My other ride is the relative wind.

Cookie's dbox kicks ass! only mod i made to mine was to add and extra strap, but that was cake....fits the camera like a glove! Usually I would say that Freakous is an ass, but in this case he definitely hit the nail on the head!

---------------------

The fact that Freakous can successfully hit a nail on its head certainly does not exclude him from being an ass.

Cookie's dbox is very nice. The second vertical closure Monkey added helps with security. I prefer some more lens coverage also but, I use larger lenses on my PC100.

I prefer some more lens coverage also but, I use larger lenses on my PC100.

PSW, I would suggest getting a bit closer to the image you are attempting to capture. After time your skills should improve and you will be able to use a multiple range of W.A. lens.

Nice box Cookie!.............
Clean CF work!
Kudo's
You can look forward to the next camera sony designs, and the next one......arrg

Jeanjeanie
~~We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly~~MLK

Yes XDV, There will be some new stuff coming out shortly. I've been making helmets in OZ for 7 years now on the word of mouth basis. A good friend has convinced me to go public with my helmets/boxes etc. I also make full face camera helmets (Rear entry) with flat top and front for stills, freefly helmet's and it looks like a box for the PC100/120 is coming. I thank you all for your positive feedback as it just makes for a better box/helmet. A web site cookiecomposites.com will be up in about a week.

As Simon Townsends say's
"The World is a Wonderful Place"

Cookie