gweeks

video card

Hi,
I am looking for a video card for my PC which can capture composite and s-video signals as well as download dv via firewire. Hopefully it would come packaged with some decent software. I am looking for something entry level in the under $500 range.

Anyone have some experience with the AIW Radeon 8500DV? What do you think of it? Any suggestions of a better card for a video newbie?

Thanks,
Gregor

I have the ATI Radeon 8500DV in my PC and I love it. It's perfect for capturing from my JVC via firewire and outputting back to the camera. The composite and S-Video in/out is flawless as well.

I am using it with Adobe Premier 6.0 with no problems but the Ulead software that comes with it is pretty decent as well.

For the money you definitely can't beat the features. For gameplay the frame-rate is phenomenal.

Can you tell I really love this card?

My only complaint is no 3D support under Linux.

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

If it will do capture then you should be able to use it. The catch is what can you use it with...?

If you're using the software that came with the card, no problem. But check and make sure that it is supported by Pinnacle Studio or Adobe Premier if you decide to use one of those programs for editing.

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™