Deuce

Cameye II rewire, MORE POWER!

I'd cut it because the LED's are bigger than the cord, and I want the cord to come out right alongside the ringsight bracket, so I'd drill the helmet right alongside the mount. I'd cut the cord and splice it so that the re-connect is inside, under the lining pads. I looked at just bringing the cord out of the helmet alongside my face, but the hole with rubber grommet solution looks so much cleaner. I've got a Hawkeye LT.

Thanks Dino. Very helpful. I actually cut off the top of the little black housing and only the red button sticks up. Mine is placed on the front left flat spot right in front and to the left of the stills quick release.
RUN YOUR VACUUM CLEANER IN THE HELMET WHEN YOU GRIND IN THERE PEOPLE.
That freakin carbon fiber pops like popcorn when it delaminates. This was my first experience with the stuff and WOW does it want to spread out when it's drilled, ground, or cut. I ended up with a 2.5mm jack for my stills and the cameye wired pretty much like Dino's. Minimal exposed wires.
It looks so cool people will be stunned by my complete squidliness in actually using all that stuff.
Thanks again all,
JP

Don't know if this is the same thing you guys are talking about, but here is a pic of how I mounted my cameye2 on my Optik. I drilled a hole and stuck the cameye2 through it from the inside. On the outside it only sticks out about 1/16 of an inch. Works great.
-Dave
"Gas...Undercarriage...Mixture...Prop...Beer"
B|

What a cool place for the button! Right in the middle of the lens graphic! I cut the housing off of the top of the button. I can't tell from your photo if it's just the red button, or if the housing and the button are there. It's still a hideously cool placement.
JP

I had my plug go bad on my cameye2 I sent an email to [email protected] and they sent me 2 new plugs free. The new plugs were smaller and better made so I dont think they will break soon. But they were real easy to install. Just make sure you do them a wire at a time so you dont loose track of which is which or take a note on where each color goes. So Im just saying if you want to cut your wire you can just unsolder the line and resolder it. It will be a lot cleaner then cutting and taping the wire. You will need a hot glue gun when your done the housing is held together that way. Good Luck
Ray

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!