SkyFlyer

Where to buy a Sony Camcorder

I went through www.dbuys.com The price is fairly low, the service is ok and the presure to buy extra items, batteries, filter, etc is low enough that I told them no with a problem.
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

Tell you a little secret. Sears will match any internet price. Find the lowest price out there, even if it is from one of those sellers that will only sell to you once you buy a lot of accessories and take it to Sears and they will match it. Depending on where you go you might have to wait while they talk it over with the manager, but it is in there policy. You will have to pay sales tax but you should still come out great and then you have a local store that will take it back if you have any problems. Another thing I would recommend. Go ahead and get their maintenance agreement. Sears will fix it no matter what with this. I broke the camera off my helmet. It ripped the mounting screw hole out and cracked the case. The eye piece was broken off. I took it in and they said they would fix it no problem because I had the maintenance agreement. When I went to pick it up they told me that the repairs were to expensive so they just gave me a brand new camera. No problems.
William

I bought my TRV 17 from www.citywidedigital.com for $850 brand new. They have good warranty prices also. I didn't have any problems with them, but I also never had to deal with customer service yet. At least check it out. Definately research online!
Safe landings,
Alex D-23912

I did the sears thing as well. Found a super cheap grey market PC9 online and they matched the price.

They only have TRV on their website... they stock PC series?
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

They used to stock the PC9's. I bought mine in July 2001. On Sony's website, they still list Sears as a PC9 seller. Give your local Sears a buzz and check.
A non-skydiving friend was looking for a minidv, and I told him about this 'trick' , and he bought one at a Sears on Long Island 2 months ago without any problem.
-Tommy

If you want a PC-9 act fast they arte no longer produced. Replaced by the PC-101. If you’ve got the balls try looking at Ebay. I’ve seen new PC-9s for $900. If you do go the Ebay way only buy from sellers with lot of positive feedback from other buyers and ones who take credit cards (or Pay Pal).
Good luck.
Danhole

I tried the sears thing and they told me the Internet price had to be from one of their registered internet sites, I looked up their list and they only had about 8 or 9 sites registered none of which had better prices, I may have to go to Long Island's Sears.....