harro

If you had the money.....

With an unlimited budget . . .
Nikon D1H Digial Stills - High Speed cycle time between shots -- way freeking cool -- about $5,000
The Epson 2000P is pretty cool for a printer so why not pop off about $2000 for that.
Sony VX 2000 for about $3000 and I'd throw another $1000 or so at Bonehead to have them make me a custom dBox for it.
While I'm at it, I'd have them make me a custom BatRak as well. I like the one I currently have, but if I had unlimited funds I'd want several @ $450ish they're not too expensive.
Obviously you -don'- need to have unlimited funds for this, but it's kinda expensive so what the heck . . . a couple more Brent Finley Concentric Ring Sights @ about $350 each.
Obviously you need a killer digital hub for all the electronics so go get a Dual Processor Mac w/ a DVD burner -- $4000 ought to do it but ya might wanna also pop another $1000 or so for Final Cut Proo you can make a way cool video for the Flyboyz Film Festival.
Oh and while you're at it, throw in another $5000 for a second rig. If you're going to have a killer system, it doesn't make too much sense to be sitting on the ground when you could be in the air making cash. Paying a packer $5 while you're on the next load is a pretty good deal, but you NEED that second rig!
Similar and almost as cool stuff -can- be had for a bit less.
A rich uncle leave you a boat load of moola or something?
quade
http://futurecam.com

what do you want to shoot video for?
If you are going to shoot tandems or RW, I would get a canon rebel, and a sony digital 8.....
Digtal still cameras are expensive and you cant give the customer a roll of film .....
If you have a digital 8, you can get all of teh editing features available on a mini-dv for about 400 bucks less.....
Besides, why buy a mini-dv... you are going to dub the tandem/RW video to an ANALOG vhs tape....... digital is wasted money
DV tapes are more expensive.... and if you are trying to use the computer, sonys digtial8's have firewire ports.....
If you are trying to make the cove rof parachutist magazine and want you video clips to show up on the next big holly wood production.... go for the high dollar digital stuff....