mountainman

Digital Camcorder - what to get

Hey all!!
I am looking for a digi camcorder that I can use to video. Granted, I probably won't be jumping a camera until next year or the year after, but I would like something nice now to use around the house/vacations that would also be something good for a helmet.
I am liking the PC5 because it's small, lots of features, and has a special case made for it to be mounted on the helmet.
My question: what camera would you recommend for buying now and would be good to use when the time comes to jump it? I also want something that is compatable with a fish-eye lens.
Thanks!!!
Our humble corner on the web... HERE

mm, I think you will find that there are about 4-6 styles and brands of cameras that can be used for video and will compatible for fish eyes.
I asked this question earlier...in a round about way (see, Sony or JVC thread)...and I didn't get a good response. Good luck with yours though...I will keep looking to see what people say.
P.S. only 2 more threads and my "hand" moves up in status!!
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Pyke:P
NZPF A - 2584

If you hold out for a bit the newer models will be out and they are smaller, lighter, have more goodies and will be cheaper. The PC-5 is a little out dated by current Sony specs. The PC-9 is the new replacement {I think). You might want to post on rec.photo(somethingorother) and ask what type of DV camera would handle G force shocks up to a few G's and has your list of desired functions on it. I like the PC-110 or 100.
Whoa... That was cool!

I'm from the UK, and I jump the PC9.
Much smaller than the PC110, and a damn sight cheaper as well. It also has USB port so I don't need to buy a firewire card for my computer, or the cable. Using the memory stick, I can transfer a 60-second MPEG video direct to my hard disk without having to use any video editing software, whch is nice for easy integration into a website.
I have a Kenko 0.42 lens and a step up ring to change from .30 diameter to .37. which seems to work just fine.
Rob
ps. I have wierd spasms in my right hand.