SpaceCat

Who can help with capture cards?

don't know if this will helpbut here's my take on it.....
okay, i don't know this specific camera (don't know any but mine really) but does it have a fire wire conector? you did say it is a mini dv, it should, if not a tv capture card will work fine. i use an ATI ALL-IN-WONDER on my computer for t.v. and have used it to digitize my skydiving videos. as my computer is a little slower(300mhz) i get a blocking of the video when i compress it to a small file, if i set my setting to higher quality video it is fine. you can normally find a cheap tv capture car for around $70USD and a firewire port is maybe like $50USD. not sure prices on that stuff though.... hope this hellps a little.....

"if dreams are like movies, then memories are like films about ghosts"-counting crows

I use a video card with a built in capture card made by asus. Asus makes awesome video cards, The capture card they add-on is great. They use a specific codec for capturing, which can be d/l on their site. But you can convert it to whatever format you wish with other programs such as Adobe Preimer.
-Viper

Studio 7 is pretty good. If you're after 3D fx you can upgrade the bundled FX editor for a few £'s to FX PRO which allows you to create your own FX.

Better than Studio DV. Just be wary of Studio Delux (very new). Studio 7 worked fine on our m/c but delux is fussy as hell and still not working 100%
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I'm using the Pinacale Studio DV7, it does have some pretty good features for the price (from my bad memory $200.00+/- Cdn including card). I have made a number of videos on this, it's much better and easier to use then my older more expensive program (not one crash in 6 months).

You can check it out at "Henry's" or "Vistek" in Toronto. They were having a hard time keeping it in stock this past winter when it came out because of the price and what it can do. Of course your biggest issues, as always will be computer speed etc etc.

Fuzzy
Ambition / Ability: Know the difference.