Squeak

reverse risers on Javelins???

Thanks for all the replies folks.
It is however a moot point now.
My DZSO would not allow me to use PDF risers on my Javlin so we swapped the canopy over and used rapide links.
Anyone have a spare set of bumpers they wanna mail me :D

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'd be very reluctant to put tape on anything that close to the lines. Just the residue from the sticky stuff worries me and it's not my Canopy, I'd be concerned she would NOT approve;)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Would anyone care to defend reversed risers by explaining how they are any BETTER

Most BASE jumpers seem to use em.

BASE jumpers use integrity (reversed) risers because they are marginally stronger. However, a standard riser (i.e. with a hole in it) manufactured to RWS current specs, using large rings and wide webbing, has never (to my knowledge) actually failed in use (skydiving or BASE).
That said, I prefer integrity (reversed) risers on my BASE gear because all the (rather considerable) down sides to them are inapplicable to the BASE environment (you'll probably never have a hard cut-away on a BASE jump).
There are also some advantages to integrity risers for BASE that don't apply for skydiving. For example, I frequently pack on unfriendly surfaces, and the reverse riser configuration protects the white loop. When was the last time you packed your skydiving rig in a greasy parking lot?
BASE jumpers use them because they work better for BASE. That's a long way from working better for skydiving--especially on a highly loaded elliptical canopy.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com