rehmwa

OUCH

that sucks, Doug's a good guy and one of our favorite meet coaches we were lucky enough to meet in the NSL. Our IC has his visor busted on block 19 last weekend, but this is much worse

http://www.teamfastrax.org/videos/douglg.htm

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hope he will be fine... These damn blocks 21 can be pretty violent !

I am not starting a debate here but does his helmet protect him well enough? In Europe 90% of RW teams use Z1 Parasport helmet, that cover mouth and nose almost, I never tried on his kind, what do you think?
Patrick

I am not starting a debate here but does his helmet protect him well enough? In Europe 90% of RW teams use Z1 Parasport helmet, that cover mouth and nose almost, I never tried on his kind, what do you think?

On the NSL site, I think stated Doug is now an owner of a helmut company. So the point is moot.

But, just for info, my IC wears a Z1 (we all do) - on the close of block 19 a couple weeks ago, my knee hit his faceplate. His nose was hurting also and it wasn't a very dramitc hit per the video. I think in terms of getting hurt, momentum/energy is a much bigger impact than equipment choice.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You have to cheat a little bit... the page or the plugin setup is messed up. Just view the page source and fix the URL... to this:

http://www.teamfastrax.org/videos/Dougs%20Nose%20-%20LG.mov

Matt you are such a Brainiac ;)

I agree with Rehmwa, I dont think it matters which of the two helmets (Z1 or Oxygen) you are wearing when you get your head bashed by your teammies knee/elbow/foot..etc. If there is enough force in the right place, your visor (and hopefully not too much else) is gonna get it. While I think that the visor comes off easier with an Oxygen, it does seem like Doug wont be doing a comparison anytime soon though!

How are ya Rehm?? B|

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

There are two kinds of jumpers, those who have bled in freefall, and those who will. Lack of blood, like lack of funnels, means you aren't trying hard enough.

B|B|:D

I'm not even going to try and convince my IC of that truism! :)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

How are ya Rehm?? B|

Minxxy!

We choked the last meet, left a LOT of "composure" points sitting in the air (nearly half of those in one round - but why does it always have to be the fastest round though?), but still alot of confidence in my guys - the practices (a whole 2) have been great, though. And this was with a very throttled back pace (just another practice weekend) Things are speeding up and cleaning up though. I have high hopes get back to double digits after the next practice even. Mainly just need to get our heads in it. These guys are easily good enough. I'm very lucky, but doubt if this lineup is a 2 year commit - too bad, nice potential.

Wooohoooo! Go you....

Sounds like its all coming together (you lucky bugger!) I know that we were only doing the meets this year, but we havent even had much luck with that so far[:/]

We havent had one full meet together this year and its not looking likely until perhaps September when all four of us will be in one place at the same time:$

We do have tons of fun when we get together though and as we arent training, that should be the focus of it all.. (right?;))

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

whats your goal for point average at the end of the season?

25.7 :D

PM on the way

No you don't, the PM ran a bit long.

I'll be happy if the two newer guys realize much their potential by the end of season and we have a good time and find that 'zone' once in a while. They are good flyers and deserve it. For me, I like those occasional dives where everything lands correctly - it's what I'm in it for. If we can recover and pass up our AA average from last year with the bigger divepool this year, I'll be very happy (we'll still come in last at Nats, but it won't be totally embarassing:P).

Wooohoooo! Go you....

Sounds like its all coming together (you lucky bugger!) I know that we were only doing the meets this year, but we havent even had much luck with that so far[:/]

We havent had one full meet together this year and its not looking likely until perhaps September when all four of us will be in one place at the same time:$

We do have tons of fun when we get together though and as we arent training, that should be the focus of it all.. (right?;))

well, that gives you more time to coach and watch over inexperienced teams that have no clue what they are doing! :)

:D:D
Scars remind us that the past is real

at least you have a full team, my IC and I have been trying to put one together in colorado for about a year now[:/] and maybe one of these days i won't be out of town for the military when there's an NSL meet going on
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I hear ya!

We still don't have an 8th for our 8-way team. It may have to remain a rotating slot. We've had some great fillers but it'd be nice to have a permanent 8th.

It's hard enough to get 4 people together...getting 8 together is nearly impossible.

What's wrong with people? Training is fun! :D

And helping you guys is becoming one of the highlights of this jumping year :)

Are you practicing before next weekend at all?

There are two kinds of jumpers, those who have bled in freefall, and those who will. Lack of blood, like lack of funnels, means you aren't trying hard enough.

I was an IC and it was definitely true for me. Also for me, most bleeding incidents were exit related, on things other than 4-way.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

I was an IC and it was definitely true for me. Also for me, most bleeding incidents were exit related, on things other than 4-way.

10-way?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And helping you guys is becoming one of the highlights of this jumping year :)

Are you practicing before next weekend at all?

We got in four jumps this weekend but we only had three of us. We grabbed an alternate.

We'll all be at Louisburg friday!
We're really looking forward to it. :)
Scars remind us that the past is real