blade

17,9 average for French female 4way

Very impressive average for a female team, ...

Very impressive for any team - as for all females, if it was Lise, Natasha, Eliana and Adrianna, then we'd think it was an off day, wouldn't we?

I'd like to see some footage, this is very cool to hear that the bar is being raised by the french again

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Of course my point was not to say that women score less than male but the average is significative in term of female only teams for international events...

This score gives a very interesting starting point for a comparison don't you think?
Patrick

This score gives a very interesting starting point for a comparison don't you think?

Of course.

But, if the french have women of this talent, why hasn't the french open team picked up the very best of them? "open" does not equal "men only"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

looking at some of the compeitions in the last year our female teams here in the US have been pushin out scores around the 15-16 point avg., looks like our girls need to pick up the pace a little.;) tough competition rox

disclaimer on that statement though, i couldn't find any female scores from teh US any more recent than 2005 nats, i'm sure they've gone up a few points since then.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

[replyBut, if the french have women of this talent, why hasn't the french open team picked up the very best of them? "open" does not equal "men only"

I agree , there is no discrimination against women in French teams but I think the reason why there are no women yet in open teams is that until now no women in France performed that well. The aim is to get the best team possible and of course you know that french open teams score above 20 since a long time and there are a lot of very very talentuous people in RW.

But maybe things will change, I hope so.
Patrick

the draw was:

R1 6-O-13
R2 3-9-2
R3 L-5-B-D
R4 18-J-H-F
R5 1-10-P
R6 E-19-4
R7 M-17-Q-20
R8 A-22-16
R9 11-12-8
R10 7-21-K

Blade, are U sure you'd like to see girls in french open teams:$?? it's becoming tough isn't it? ;)
Guillaume

French 4-way & 8-way suporter

they make up a lot of new words :P

that, Ima sayin' isbein untterly rediculosiusishness. we'nt bidoin nothin of thesort

just axe anyone about it

I bet the french chicks are gonna do good in Germany. In fact I´ll bet they´ll win! They´re much more than talented, they are bad ass skydivers. France has always had very good female skydivers, but I think the french belive in separated classes, female/male and I belive that´s why they´ve never had any females on their open class team. It took a long time before they accepted FAI´s idea of having a female class, and a open class. They belived in pure male/female classes (same as Kurt Gable, NSL). I personally think it´s very good idea to have a female class. We need more girls doing serious skydiving and competiton, and not ending up as "the girlfriend of....." We all have to accept that girls are usually smaller and not as strong as the guys and it can be difficult for them to jump on a open class team.

We all have to accept that girls are usually smaller and not as strong as the guys and it can be difficult for them to jump on a open class team.

Sorry mate, but I don't agree with you. Fire, Fastrax, Airspeed, Sinapsi, Norgies. Five of the top teams in the world, and each has a female member. I don't know about the Russians.

the person posting that is ditta from the norgie team Arcteryx. i think if anyone knows what a hard time smaller females can have in the open class, it'd be her. :P

No kidding, and boy (sorry, GIRL) can she skydive!

To dispute an earlier post though, I think that if you asked any of the women on the top teams they would say that they wanted to be regarded as a competitive, skilled athlete (period) Not *pretty good for a girl* Women in this sport are faced with a certain set of challenges competing with and against men, but then so are men.

Overcoming challenges to level the field is what competition is about isnt it? It shouldnt be determined by your gender in a sport that is as technical and sophisticated as this...

just my 0.2 pence ;)

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach