jumper03

Video of another newbie team....

Parkton, NC at Southern Comforts Air Ranch. We're just off I-95.

The video of our first week of training is also on skydive movies under RW. We've also made a trip to the open air tunnel in NC and I think there's an RFI video of that posted too.

Any tips you guys and gals have on how to fly better are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

I would work on the fall rate issues tha seem to be going on. It will make a number of other things that might seem hard now not be as much of a problem once that is worked out a bit more...

Good luck!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

As a team I would focus on the following basic skills:
1) fall rate
2) being in a right place before taking the grips
3) maintaining eye contact
4) taking the grips and coming off grips at the same time

Start from star drill: form a star - drop the grips and fly no contact - take the grips again. Very nice drill to practice falling straight down, on level with everybody else and taking and coming off grips at the same time. I would then start practicing simple multi point pages containing "roundish" random formations:

Star, Satellite, Sedebody, Bow, Stairstep diamond, Meeker.

I would practice them as 2-3 point drills but only after you master the basics.

Edit to add: 360's and donuts are not easy - I wouldn't do them until you nail the basics down

Who is on your team?

Are you going to come and play with us at the CaSL meets this year then?

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

cheers..

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

Who is on your team?

Are you going to come and play with us at the CaSL meets this year then?

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

cheers..

That's the plan!
We all have under 400 jumps - from 140 up to ~380. Everyone but myself started jumping at Parkton and really haven't left Parkton.

Thanks again for all the tips.

We can fall straight down the tube on level with each other fairly well, it's when we start turning that fall rates get off and that's what we need to focus on this weekend I guess.

It will be great to see you all when you venture out of Parkton (wondered why I hadnt seen you anywhere else :P)

Are you doing intermediate or Rookie class?

See you in the spring!

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

Foxes are staying together for another year? ;)

Now there's a question...:P

We werent really together this year, but met up once a month with various past year members and friends to compete and support our league ;)

We are currently three with camera, but other commitments for next year may mean that we repeat our informal meet get together arrangements.....:D At a minimum we will have a lot of fun and if we experience a series of minor miracles.. we may get to train a little (in one guise or another) too!

watch this space.. :)

We are currently three with camera, but other commitments for next year may mean that we repeat our informal meet get together arrangements.....:D At a minimum we will have a lot of fun and if we experience a series of minor miracles.. we may get to train a little (in one guise or another) too!

Include the Nationals to this plan ;)

It will be great to see you all when you venture out of Parkton (wondered why I hadnt seen you anywhere else :P)

Are you doing intermediate or Rookie class?

See you in the spring!

oh I think rookie...definitly....

Any Idea when the CaSL website will be updated with new info? We're hungry for info and can't find it.....

any chance of getting you to swing by Parkton sometime for coaching? :)

Anton is right about donuts and 360's - but you guys seem to want to play, so what the hey. Have fun.

It might seem daft but try your 360s in stages. 90 STOP eyeball your clone, give a nod, 180 STOP eyeball your clone, give a nod, 90 to close STOP STOP STOP (I mean it this time), grin like a maniac at your clone, when you have his eyes... pick up grips.

Dirt dive it like that too. Then when everyone is starting to be ready to pick up grips at the same time, try to make the turn a bit more fluid.

For your donuts, try 180 STOP, eyeball your clone, be confident where you are, do not chase the grip, let the other guy come to you. Fly your own space. If everything still seems chaotic try... forget about the grip you have to take - forget it completely, be concerned about where you will put your knee. Turn 180 STOP, eyeball your clone. Do not take a grip. Feed your knee into the hand that needs it. Grin at your clone when you get your grip in his hand. Then and only then pick up your grip.

Whoever is floating - dont despair pretty much everyone is contributing. you are floating, but your clone is dropping, and the other guys are going to him (as they should). Must feel like a loooong way down when you finish your turn. Actually it isnt. But think about a bit of lead. :P

Dru