sight_burner

fat grippers

well wouldn't you want fat grippers during competition for slow fall rate=more air time=more formations. Or do fat grippers degrade your maneuverability in the air. I'm just trying to find the math behind this.

Andrew

I don't care about fame I just want people to know my name qote ( Andrew Cebuhar)

the thread is dead

I have fat grippers for only two reasons.

1. I'm a big guy and little grippers look f**king stupid on me.
2. Its easier to pick up grips with the larger grippers.

I honestly don't believe that fat grips make any sort of significant change in fall rate for most people. If you're a real little chick, maybe, but I'm not one so I couldn't tell you from personal experience.

As for maneuverability...if normal sized fat grippers mess up your ability to fly your body, then you've got other problems.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

well wouldn't you want fat grippers during competition for slow fall rate=more air time=more formations. Or do fat grippers degrade your maneuverability in the air. I'm just trying to find the math behind this.

The time you gain from falling slower wouldn't matter. Competition 4-way and 8-way are timed events. The team only has a limited time (35 seconds for 4-way) to complete as many points as they can. Anything after that just doesn't count.

In fact, most teams want to go fast. The faster the air is moving over your control surfaces, the more power you have.

Fat Grippers work for blocks and are more effective to pick-up in the door on exit or while in the dive.

Other than that I doubt if they serve any other real purpose.

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

I think I'm the one who started whining about fat grippers in another thread, but I now think it's a moot point if you want to do 4-way. I'm a short, lightweight male who used to wear 18 lbs in a weight belt and always had small grippers. This year I am 8 lbs heavier, have a slicker suit (with fat grippers), and a narrower container. I figure having a jumpsuit that is nylon from head to toe will make up for the fat grippers.

Blues to All! :ph34r:
Ed Lightle

fat grippers are easier to grip. Easy to grip = more points. More points = more prizes. More prizes = more chicks. So if you want to get laid you better get fat grips.

& yes they make a small difference in fall rate, but if all team members have them its non issue - it's all relative.

fat grippers are easier to grip. Easy to grip = more points. More points = more prizes. More prizes = more chicks. So if you want to get laid you better get fat grips.

LOL, I'm gonna go get me some grippers that are so big they will be wider than the lapels on a 1970's pimp suit! :)
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP