rehmwa

White Gloves

In the meantime, these showed up in the mail. The Mizunos have always fit me well vs other brands.

In this one, they seem bright enough once I removed the "M" patch. Only video will tell....

If not, I'll be at the tunnel to try on a bunch of gloves and might get lucky.

Of course green is my color - they also had very bright red and orange with the white leather (and black and blue and etc and so on).

Thanks to all for the weblinks. But I'm not sending away for anything that I can't try on first. But isn't there a Square(#) at one of the Florida DZs?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Dont forget Nationals is at Perris again this year, so if you find a pair that work buy extra..

They need to be extra white there to combat that greyish hue everything takes on with the dust:P

Hey Dan.
Are you guys training again this year ?

Rehm...
Let me know how your gloves affect your avg :)oh and I am crossing everything to try and get there in March..btw.. so am going to talk to C about begging an hour ...

ok... Carry on.......

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

Nice looking gloves. I didn't see anywhere on the site I visited to order them direct....
:(

http://www.baseballequipment.com/BattingGlovesMizunoVintagePro.php

Do a google on Mizuno Vintage Pro batting gloves and there are a ton of sites. One as low as $15 I've seen via Amazon.com. The above has all the pictures to look at but is at $20. (Great note about the red and orange - sure it's bright, but hard to judge).

Hope this helps.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Minxxy - Give me a call directly if you can make the March thing. I've pulled together a schedule (Chad can show it to you) and I want to make sure to get you in somehow - The Sunday is actually best and I know Chad will be gone by then, so that's something to think on. That's a hugely busy weekend, so we are lucky we reserved WAY early. Between Chad and Cliff, they only have 2-1/2 hours to work, but with sharing, maybe they could rotate you into their assigned 4-way. It could get sticky.

(BTW we lost 4 points in one meet last year that the judge said white gloves would likely have allowed him to see the flash - our camera was shallow, the flash was big, but the angle of the dark gloves against the dark suit behind.... He was pretty embarrassed to bust us those 2 times, but rightly so, had to. It's ok, we tried to make our camera guy feel bad so he'd pay for liquor that night, but he wouldn't fall for it.)

Hey Portia,

Sorry it took so long to respond. We are not training at the moment, unfortunately. I think the Golden Knights are afraid of us because they somehow arranged for the Army to send me back to Afghanistan, where I am now. Ostrich is getting married this spring (apparently to a woman) and Hank is in school full time, so they both have decided they can't work in the team this year. Dean is still up for something, so we may throw a group together for Nationals this year. We'll see.

Good to hear from you, hopefully I'll see you in Perris in six months.

- Dan G

- Dan G

Hey Dan..
Its great to hear from you :)
Yeah, the gals arent training this year either.. we are all pursuing other things this year with the hope of being in a better place for 2006.
(better things = credit cards balances, spouses/family life and techie classes...)

We are hoping to maybe throw something together for Nats too, but with JFTC being so close after it in September, thats not for sure right now.

Stay safe and I will keep my fingers crossed that we will get to see you all at Nats...

ps..You are going to have to try a little harder than last year, eh ;) (minxxy ducks to avoid a clip round the ear :))

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

Well, looks like Event Horizon will make an appearance at Nationals again this year, albeit in a very modified form. We're combining EH and Screwdriver, and I'll show up to do video.

So watch out, Minx, we'll be a force to be avoided under canopy.

- Dan G