captainbb7

camp mojo

Big thanks to team Mojo for the great tunnel camp last weekend. Ron Hill, Alex Pincus and Chromy... you guys were excellent coaches... each with your own style that meshed well with everyone in our carolina group. This was my 3rd Mojo Camp and they just keep getting better and better... Whatever your secret is, keep it up! I cant wait for the next camp.

Ron: thanks for taking time at the end of the camp to talk with us about team dynamics and what you think it takes to make a successful 4 way team. The discussion was very enlightening and helped put several things into perspective for me. Thanks for showing me the "turbo-button" in my 360/540's too! B|. Also, your work with Insane in the Plane... wow... those guys cleaned house in the CaSL.

Alex, Chromy and Ron: Thanks for the comments and tips during our 4 way sessions. Those little observations you guys made were very helpful. Some of the drills were challenging and sometimes pedantic, but you guys made them fun.

See you guys in Feb?

Oh, Yeah... Alex, thanks for the beer at the airport... and of course, the late night tunnel session last camp!

I have to agree with Brian here... was an AWESOME weekend!

Ron (more affectionately known as "captain smartass") was a HUGE help for me especially... I didn't fly with you last camp, but I'm glad you were back this time around.

Alex and Chromy were also amazing to work with... I think the secret is that they all have slightly different views and know different ways to accomplish a task, so if something doesn't work for you, they can give you something else that will. Spent a lot of time with all three coaches, and I learned a LOT.

I had a blast! Can't wait for the next one. Feb I think?

Well thanks, you guys rocked.

I was amazed at how much you remembered from the last camp I worked with you.

thanks for taking time at the end of the camp to talk with us about team dynamics and what you think it takes to make a successful 4 way team. The discussion was very enlightening and helped put several things into perspective for me.

No problem...I like helping with all aspects of skydiving, not just how to dig a knee. Plus people like you with an open mind and a good attitude are fun to work with. (One of the reasons I spent my Bday at the camp).

Thanks for showing me the "turbo-button" in my 360/540's too!

Watch the videos to see what I am doing. Imagine its you. I fully expect you to have it by the next camp......Or else;)

Also, your work with Insane in the Plane... wow... those guys cleaned house in the CaSL.

Yeah, those guys are so much fun to work with. And they did really well in the CaSL. In 4+ hours in the tunnel over three days they went from a 12 to an 18 in the rookie class. Charles Grubbs, Angela Jones,Scott Mebust , and Ox. were loads of fun.

What is it about teams from NC being so much fun?

See you guys in Feb?

The plan is for Feb 12-13.

As always a great time guys...Keep me posted on the final line up of your new team.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

My parents video'ed my session in the tunnel with Ron over Halloween. "Captain Smartass" was geeking the camera while he was explaining things to me before we even got in the tunnel! :P;)

Seriously though the tunnel was the best thing I could have done at this point in my training, and Ron was awesome. I wasn't even in the tunnel for fifteen seconds before he had already corrected my body position that had been causing unintentional turns. As a student who had been unable to correct these turns since getting off of static line and onto freefall, this gave me such a good feeling. I was unable to jump this weekend so have only had one jump since getting back from the tunnel, but that jump was flawless in terms of the skills I had worked on in the tunnel.

Further, Ron gave me a new way to look at learning these skills and training in skydiving in general. He said that if any Olympian althete were to train for the exact amount of time we are able train in the air before going to the Olympics, we'd see some pretty poor performances. I was getting discouraged because I was doing these bad unintentional turns for eight jumps, but when I look back at my logbook that was only three and a half minutes to practice - I'm not even warmed up yet! Spending fifteen minutes in the tunnel with someone right there correcting things was a tremendous help, and gave me the solid foundation I need to continue learning. I'm sure I would have gotten it eventually, but this way I'm confident because I know I can do it, and I know what was causing the problem and know how to fix it.

Actually I'm feeling kind of funny...I think can feel a tunnel addiction coming on! I wonder what I can sell to make it to the camp in February... :) And in Feb I won't be able to feign student status, so I'm sure Ron will make me really work this time! (Ha! I was so friggin sore this last time!)

Thanks Captain Smartass! B|
~skysprite

Seriously though the tunnel was the best thing I could have done at this point in my training, and Ron was awesome.

Ron may be a "smart ass" but he knows his shit and is willing to pass on what he has learned to those who are willing to listen. Don't let his hard ass front get to you. He is just a marshmallow looking for a stick.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I'd also really like to let yall know that I really appreciate everthing you have taught me. The first camp I only had 50 jumps and came out the tunnel feeling a lot more comfortable with 360's and 90 turns. Sounds small but no way its big.. The digging the knees thing! I hear Alex's voice all the time even now telling me "KNEES!KNEES!" The 2nd camp you had me doing 2-ways,3-ways, and by the end even 4-ways! WOW! SO MUCH FUN! Where to look,mind set, head direction , watch that spine, what are my legs doing, keeping fall rate...You helped me to make it almost like 2nd nature.. I would get frusturated and yall alway said "eventually you will just do it without thinking" Man, yall rock! YALL PLEASE GIVE CHROMY THE COUNT... HE'S GOT MORE RTHYM NOW... ?¿?¿? See yall in Feb! Enjoy the holidays!

Ron may be a "smart ass" but he knows his shit and is willing to pass on what he has learned to those who are willing to listen. Don't let his hard ass front get to you. He is just a marshmallow looking for a stick.

Sparky

Ron sounds like someone has you figured out

He is just a marshmallow looking for a stick

OK I was gonna let that go...But what they hell does that mean?

I have had plenty of people tell me to stick things up my ass, but I don't get the marshmallow part;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

OK I was gonna let that go...But what they hell does that mean?

I have had plenty of people tell me to stick things up my ass, but I don't get the marshmallow part;)

It's secrete rigger shit. I could tell you but then............:P:)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I think it really means your not really a hard ass. You are really a (marshmellow=softy/nice guy) and Your looking for a (stick= as in your trying to be hard but you haven't got it yet!)
If life gives you lemons then make lemonade, if not then go thirsty and keep on truckin'

Well tomorrow Brian you have a chance to impress me.

Oh joy, 12 hours of tunnel with the NC crew. (where is the damn maniacal laughing smilley?) :ph34r:

Prepare to be worked hard folks....I am in that kinda mood.

Prepare to be worked hard folks....I am in that kinda mood.

Hey Guys!!!!!!:)Thanks for the Saturday 6:30 am wake up call!!!! Sort of confirms how hard you're working them down there. Make sure to mix in some fun with all that serious training!;)

Well since I'm up I'm off to make the first load this morning. I think I'll work on my sit.:P

What a great camp! I truely had a blast... even though I am bloodied and bruised. ;) Thanks for the 4 ways on sunday. You have no idea how much that meant to me.

Team Serious: You're 4 ways at the end were rocking!

I guess I can sum it all up by:

You don't snuggle with Max Power, you strap yourself in and feel the G's

When is the next camp?!

BB: You were rocking in the tunnel :)Just wish that i could of got you closer to me on those random builds ;) I dont bite y'know!

Re the next camp...
you mean you arent signed up for the next camp yet? We are trying to get a re-run of last MayB|
pm me and we can talk about it, k?

Team Serious.. You guys looked great in there!

Chromy, Alex, Scotty (yes..and Ron:P)
It was great to see you all.
Im bummed that I cant make it to the camp in March, but I will see you in May, when I come back with the rest of the gals:ph34r:

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

Thanks for the Saturday 6:30 am wake up call!!!!

No problem. We do what we can to help.

I still can't believe you were not there.

As usual I learned a gang of stuff, improved my flying, and met cool folks

Yep "Good times".

I'm coming back at 205 next time

Great