elfanie

RW formations and terms

Does anyone have any lists (or know where I could find some) of RW terms and positions and formations..?
Like star (and what it is), accordian (what it is), etc etc..?

What the different positions are called...what different slots are called, etc?

--------------------------------------------
Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

you can download IPC dive pool at www.omniskore.com

dive pool is a list of formations used for competitions. It does not explain the slots and some other important principles. The best way to learn the principles of RW is to watch the videotapes

Airspeed 4'99 (there were some changes in dive pool after the tape was released, but it is still good learning tool)

The best of Airspeed
Mind Maps

Magics also have brand new DVD.

you can download IPC dive pool at www.omniskore.com

dive pool is a list of formations used for competitions. It does not explain the slots and some other important principles. The best way to learn the principles of RW is to watch the videotapes

Airspeed 4'99 (there were some changes in dive pool after the tape was released, but it is still good learning tool)

The best of Airspeed
Mind Maps

Magics also have brand new DVD.

There are other formations besides the competition pool!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Even with those tools, a complete novice probably needs some guidance from an experienced RW person in order to understand what is what.

Agree ...

Heh...doubly agreed. :$

I believe the best way to learn is to go from simple to complex. 2-way and 4-way formations are the basic biulding blocks.

Yes...that site was good about competition formations...
but what about basic 2-way positions? Does anyone have anything THAT basic that I could see?

Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

but what about basic 2-way positions? Does anyone have anything THAT basic that I could see?

Just make a paper cut out of two bodies and play with them. You can likely invent all the possible 2-way belly formations in about 5 minutes.

Now just mess with different ways to move between them and you have an instant dive designer.

seriously, they all have names, but this will work for you

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Huh?!?!?!?

I don't believe you. There are the "old" formations.

If it can't be pulled out of a hat I don't do it;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Huh?!?!?!?

I don't believe you. There are the "old" formations.

If it can't be pulled out of a hat I don't do it;)

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

There are some books out there. I think one is calle like getting together or something funny like that. There is a 1st and 2nd edition..the 2nd edition is just big way stuff. There is also another book out there but I don't remember what it is called and probably won't find out again until next summer (because we don't jump in the winter in WA). Anyhow, it is little and thick and has a whole bunch of blocks and transitions so you don't have to make them up yourself. I used it a bunch last summer (and I only have 60 something jumps...i.e. easy for beginners). It doesn't explain slots or launches though as it is just the blocks. Have to find someone willing to give up time for that I guess.

That webpage pretty well shows all of the 2-way grips except the interlock (leg lock).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

well..... it does for me ;)

thank you!!
I got the page to open (I must have had a problem on my end that resolved itself or something)...and it's exactly what I am looking for..

as is the page with the 4-way dive pool formations...

but I wanted to start with the 2-way names..and this is exactly what I wanted. Printed it out even...thank you!

Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings