Luv2Fall

Robnik Sapphire Altimeter

I put 400 jumps on my first Robnyk before it was stolen. Have about 250 on my current one. It handles abuse well; mine's hit the ground a few times and still works great. Only complaint I have - it is usually 500 feet or so off (low) from others alti's on jump run, but it's never been noticably off in freefall on under canopy.

$50? You got a really good deal.:)

I'm not sure if it's the same one since my saphire is no longer mine.

I've owned 2 saphires They were 13,000 foot altimeters which I liked. They were very durable and extremely accurate. I put at LEAST 1000 jumps on one of them and even launched it across the room by accident a couple times. It kept working.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I've put 800+ jumps on mine, and given it several good bangs - still works great. Like Lisa said, it does often read different than alti 2's at altitude, but I've noticed it matches up with the planes altimeter (once you do trhe math of course). Good deal.

Canuck

I have had my sapphire for about 700 jumps and it looks and works great.

A side note:
A person at Skydive Walterboro packed a sapphire in his canopy and when he opened on the next jump it fell from 2000ft.

A few weeks later the lawnmower guy found it and after a new clear plastic cover it still worked great.

When I first started Packing My instructor left his Chest Mount Altimeter in his parachute and I packed in there. I just thought I packed a football since I was new to packing. It come out on opening he was not impressed. >:(

My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I've had my Sapphire for 5 yrs. Other than sticking a couple of times on the way to altitude, it's been fine. i bought it used from a military special forces guy, I'm sure he abused it, but it still works great!
Like any other piece of equipment, make sure you cross check it on the way to altitude and you'll be fine!

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

I got a crack on the face of my Sapphire last December... is it easily repairable?

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

Does anyone know about referenced altimeters? I bought one that has been jumped 12 times, perfect cosmetic appearance, absolutely no wear on hand straps.......for $50.00. Did I buy one that will "do the job"?

What I like about Robnyk is the "Standard Mount" shown here:
http://www.gear-store.com/product.php4?Category=Skydiving&product=45

Does anybody know if you can get the Standard Mount without Robnyk Sapphire? Can you use this Standard Mount with Altimeter Galaxy?

New lenses are $10 from SQ1. If the face behind the needle is cracked, that's probably a factory repair.

Does this mean that I can change the lens myself as oposed to sending it to the factory?
------------------------------------------------
Why get married? Just find a woman you hate and buy her a house.