LouDiamond

Arizona Airspeed Mind Maps 2003

Does anyone have this software? After having seen the demo on the web site I am still curious as to it's usefullness to either an individual or a team. Your feed back is appreciated.;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Does anyone have this software? After having seen the demo on the web site I am still curious as to it's usefullness to either an individual or a team. Your feed back is appreciated.;)

well, if you use their continuity and exit plan, it is an excellent tool. Its pretty neat program actually.

LOL...mine just came in the mail yesterday, and I can't stop playing with it!

We have a coach, but he won't be there all the time, and it seems like this will be really nice to help us engineer skydives when we have to coach ourselves.

I think it will help even if we don't follow their continuity plan, since it is a good tool to use to show the technicalities of the exits and how to perform the blocks, even if the slots are different.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

LOL...mine just came in the mail yesterday, and I can't stop playing with it!

We have a coach, but he won't be there all the time, and it seems like this will be really nice to help us engineer skydives when we have to coach ourselves.

I think it will help even if we don't follow their continuity plan, since it is a good tool to use to show the technicalities of the exits and how to perform the blocks, even if the slots are different.

true, but for instance block 16, Airspeed puts memeory in teh back piece, so it spins differently then if you put the memory in the front piece... and exit 10 for example, it is much easier to float the diamond out then the way they dive it out... straight hammer vs. curved -- how are they exiting it, there are a few different ways that are a little easier. It's a pretty cool program though.

So far I've heard good things about it. Maybe I can check it out at Eloy. If it still looks good I'll see if my team wants to all kick in for it or if I can get a boot leg copy some where.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

PM me if you're interested in getting one of the Mindmap DVDs... :)

arlo

(edited to add:)
...but not a bootleg copy. Craig Buxton worked pretty hard to put this thing together and I don't think it's right to copy it. Consider it an inexpensive portable coach and a good investment.:)

This is a quality product.

We bought a copy for every member of our team and have added a computer to our team room so we can use it on training days.

Anyone who remembers the fun of fastforwarding and rewinding the 4'99 tape will love having exits and transitions one click away.

This is a quality product.

We bought a copy for every member of our team and have added a computer to our team room so we can use it on training days.

Anyone who remembers the fun of fastforwarding and rewinding the 4'99 tape will love having exits and transitions one click away.

so I take it you're going with Airspeeds continuity plan -- especially for mirrors and slot switches?

One of my teammates just burned 499 onto a cd and divided it up by blocks and randoms. Its helpful for some of the technique. Not an exceptional amount if you don't use their continuity plan though.

We're not that far along yet. We had to pick up 2 new centers and we're still adapting.

Once we get our A slots nailed, we'll start trying out B slots and switching.

ahhhh, but you are... the very first thing we did when we formed as a team (right after deciding who was going to fly what slot), was develop a continuity plan, this is very important because without it your training plan can't be developed. If you are using the mind maps are you going to dive the diamond (block 10) out or float it out (Airpspeed dives it out which is more difficult than floating it out, but eliminates the uphill moves needed for OC and tail).
Are you going to exit in "a" slots or are you going to exit in the switched slot so you are in your "A" positions the majority of the skydive (assumes here 2+ times through the dive). Are you going to do a vertical block 18 (2d is faster for the fast majority of teams due to vertical separation and timing needed to make the block work). Who has memory -- front/back/split? Unless you know that, your training plan can't be developed (I would also add everyone should have personal and team goals, and the team goals should be in a place where the team can reference them at the end of the training day/camp/etc)

(I would also add everyone should have personal and team goals, and the team goals should be in a place where the team can reference them at the end of the training day/camp/etc)

This is huge. If your team doesn't have set personal and team goals that are common knowledge, it is going to be a long frustrating season as people are striving to achieve different goals that may not be consistent with each other.

BIG BUMP!

I just got back from a 4way camp and the guys were talking about this product... The reviews on this thread are a bit old. Any new info out there?

You can learn an amazing amount by watching and reviewing and studying and watching and reviewing and studying and watching.....
even if it is the 2003 dive pool, even if your continuity plan is different, even if you don't exit like they do, even if you don't know what I mean by continuity plan or dive pool.

I still use the mind maps disc (copied it onto my hard disc to speed things along), perhaps a bit less frequently that I've done in the past, but the tool is still valuable. The ability to pause, rewind and frame-by-frame of each exit and block move on the hill and on the flat is tremendously helpful. The text descriptions and the "VR" stuff are okay, and might help some with visualization - I got/get alot more from the video.

The value derived from the disc is many multiples of times its cost.

-- Dave