Dannost

Dos and Don'ts?

Hi all:
Just wondering if there is a thread or a link you could turn me on to that would have a list of things not to do in RW, including the exits. I'd appreciate any feedback as I've been doing 3-ways lately and they haven't been real pretty :) Dan

ISAIAH 40:31

Hi all:
Just wondering if there is a thread or a link you could turn me on to that would have a list of things not to do in RW, including the exits. I'd appreciate any feedback as I've been doing 3-ways lately and they haven't been real pretty :) Dan

here's the deal, you should not, I repeat not, ask "what not to do". by doing that, you will concentrate on the negative, and end up doing what you're not wanting to do (if that makes any sense). I've seen it teaching skiing and I've seen it in skydiving performance, you ingrane what not to do so much, it's all you end up doing.

Instead focus on what you should be doing, what the feeling should be, what should you see, feel, hear, etc. there are some good articles by Jack Jefferies on this site to help with that.

Instead focus on what you should be doing, what the feeling should be, what should you see, feel, hear, etc.

Use The Force Luke!

btw, i am not mocking, it just made me laugh...if you focus on the negative 24/7, that is all you will know!

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

a couple things to think about.

Eye contact - keep looking in the middle of the formation regardless of how big it is. Constant eye contact will help you match fall rate

Build formations from the middle out.

Fly your slot.

When its break off turn 180 and LEAVE - GO AWAY - TRACK LIKE HELL

Have fun and be safe.

There are a bunch of other do's, but start with the basics.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

a couple things to think about.

Eye contact - keep looking in the middle of the formation regardless of how big it is. Constant eye contact will help you match fall rate

Build formations from the middle out.

Fly your slot.

When its break off turn 180 and LEAVE - GO AWAY - TRACK LIKE HELL

Have fun and be safe.

There are a bunch of other do's, but start with the basics.

Judy

just to add to that --- look through the middle, at your clone... 90/10 rule: 90% through the middle at your cross reference, 10% outside the formation.

Hey folks! Thanks a lot for the info and it's true, if I do focus on what I do wrong or what I don't want to do...it invariably happens. Oh! Judy, I'm making a road trip to Arkansas but I'm planning a day at W. TN skydiving next month...Hope it's open. Dan

ISAIAH 40:31

IMHO I've found that eye contact with your clone does incredible things to a formation. Personnally I almost imagine that I'd just doing a 2 way with my close and just happen to be taking sombody elses grips. Doing this I managed to get 12 points on my 8th 4 way (plus jumping with some really good guys helped), if I start spending time looking for grips it all tends to go to rat crap.

Nick
Gravity- It's not just a good idea, it's the LAW!

Just wondering if there is a thread or a link you could turn me on to that would have a list of things not to do in RW,

Don't sit fly.
Don't fly on your head.

That's about all I know about RW. ;)

Good luck!
-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.