Squeak

ZP PC in Javs?

On the Sunpath website I found some very small writing that stated, ZP pilot chutes are not recomended.
Does any one know why?
The jav I just bout has (i think) a ZP PC:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

my understanding that sunpath uses 1 type of pilot chute on all rigs, a 28" "f-111" black pilot chute.

grab your rig, and see if you can blow through the material of the pilot chute. it may be hard, but if you can at all, then it's "f-111", if you can't at all, then it is z-p.

later

It's used, but the original question was
Does anyone know WHY it's not recomended to use ZP on Javelins PCs
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

ya, i guess i did get a little off topic, sorry:$

this has been discused before, and i think the conclusion was that they just want 1 type, so you don't have messed up orders, such as wrong size, wrong color, wrong type of fabric or what ever. so it's kinda like a one size fits all thing.

later

ya, i guess i did get a little off topic, sorry:$

this has been discused before, and i think the conclusion was that they just want 1 type, so you don't have messed up orders, such as wrong size, wrong color, wrong type of fabric or what ever. so it's kinda like a one size fits all thing.

later

That doesn't answer why they don't recommend it. It's the answer to why they only make one.

ZP in a spandex pouch is more likely to slip out.

What's the point of ZP fabric on a pilot chute? It's just an air anchor, you don't need the aerodynamic properties of ZP for a pilot chute.
I'm not sure, but I'm guessing ZP is a more expensive fabric as well.
Absolutely pointless for a PC.

Yes ZP fabric is more expensive and yes, ZP fabric can fall out of a BOC more easily if the BOC is worn or the wrong size.
But I think the main reason they discourage ZP pilotchutes is because of their high snatch force. A ZP pilotchute can jerk the d-bag off your back so fast that it dumps lines. Mind you, line dump is rarely a problem unless you pack sloppily and use the wrong size of rubber bands.
The other factor is canopy weight. As canopies get smaller and lighter, you need smaller pilotchutes to provide reasonable snatch force. It is mind-boggling for a factory to try and stock a dozen different sizes of pilotchutes, in three dozen colors and two different fabrics, then guess whether the end user preferrs hard or soft openings and whether they preferr hops-and-pops or dumping in a track, etc... The posibilities are mind-boggling.
I peferr ZP pilotchutes because they last longer.

It's used, but the original question was

Might be because they do a lot o' business with PD and PD tends ot recomend a F111 type p/c

Just guessing.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.