AggieDave

Do you use a packer with a full RDS?

Personally I have let a select couple of packers pack my Velo with the full RDS. Those are select packers who I have taught how to pack with the RDS and I hook it all up myself prior to letting a packer go at it. Its still not an every jump sort of situation just occasionally and its a hand picked packer whom I trust as a conscious and careful packer.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Never.

I value packers, and thing for the most part the do a great job, but no one looks after my ass like I do. I always set my own brakes, and uncock or install my slider when using a packer, and I'll never use a packer with a full RDS.

Heck in the past 3 years, I don't think I've bought even 25 sport pack jobs.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Never. I like to have the control over as many factors as possible for the sake of consistency. If I do have an issue with an opening it'll be easier for me to isolate and learn from the issue if I pack my parachutes. Knowing my gear and it's devices and what went on with the packing is essential for me. I've had wierd situations happen when i've used a packer. Openings are always different than mine when i've used a packer on just standard sport gear. So i'd never ever allow anyone else to pack an RDS system.

I have packed well over a 1000 rds setups for a select few top canopy pilots and even a couple for ian, but as far as people packing for me, only one and thats someone i taught and all she does is hook up the rds.....

Heh, I forgot about you Shane LOL. Make that 2 guys I'll let pack for me.

Shane has EXTENSIVE experience packing RDS systems which is why I have no qualms at all about him packing for me. The biggest problem I find is that packers, in general, simply don't care about the details required in minimizing a RDS malfunction. Which goes back to the the very very select list I'll let pack for me.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Yes, but very rarely - only when the girl that packs for me at home is at a competition. She is a great packer as is and i explained to her how to pack a full RDS. Never with anyone else though. And of course i hook the RDS up and lay it down ready for her to pack.