zlstone

From full flight and its a combination of a single front with a dash of harness and double front. I try to get setup so I also fart coming around the last 90 to add that extra boost.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

And if you shit yourself how much extra speed does it give you?

The extra weight is negligible, since you were already carrying it. The lower CoG is also of limited effect....

...but it does give you something soft to land on!
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

And if you shit yourself how much extra speed does it give you?

The extra weight is negligible, since you were already carrying it. The lower CoG is also of limited effect....

...but it does give you something soft to land on!

I try to hold on to the five pound burritos I eat before swooping :-P

D
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Now I see why those PD guys told me to stay away from dropzone.com.You guys are a joke. Thanks for all the help

I think the reason for such answers is that your question seems like you are asking how to swoop in general..
It is impossible to teach anyone how to swoop over internet.

However, would your question have been more specific, Im sure there would be a lot of good answers here.

Now I see why those PD guys told me to stay away from dropzone.com.You guys are a joke. Thanks for all the help

While that may be, you are more than welcome to just ask the PD guys face to face - that's what I do ;)

If you're looking to get fancy swoop answers on DZ.com you are simply looking in the wrong place. Sure, you can get general answers, or vague guidance, but nothing ever surpasses face time and the answers here will almost always cater to the lowest common denominator.

Best answer (tailored to South Florida) - get coaching from the PD guys, Scott Roberts, Tom Delibac or John Zuliani (when he's in town). If you ever make it up to Atlanta, feel free to hit me up anytime.

To answer your question directly, for a 270 I use double fronts throughout the entire turn. Bigger turns, I use a different technique.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

you are more than welcome to just ask the PD guys face to face

If you're looking to get fancy swoop answers on DZ.com you are simply looking in the wrong place.

I'd like to second that ;)

I went through different techniques in the last 4 years, from deep brakes/single front riser, then to single front riser/harness, then to "from full flight"/single riser + harness, then to full flight double fronts + harness. Now after some coaching with Bobo - back to "from brakes"/double fronts + harness:)
As in anything, techniques evolve, you can see old tricks come back as "new" but modified ones. Work on your own technique. If you want to follow someone else's - then definitely follow the leaders. PD guys are way ahead of the rest in their knowledge and technical base. Everyone follows them, join the club ;)

Good idea. And don't come back till you can take a joke.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

a serious response says that it depends on what the sight picture says...

but I try to start from about 1/2 brakes settled for most of my base leg

My recommendation is to talk to the PD guys but not at parties, actually pay them for their help as ummm maybe it is their job....

or join the CPC and get some coaching at the meets

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.