piahenzi

FLCPA #5 The Farm

okay, I'll start... I am booked as of this morning :ph34r: (Despite spending 9+ hours in Charlotte trying to get home to NY from Tallahassee yday...).. you guys are worth it ! :$ and I have to hit my goal of scoring in 4 rounds so what could possibly keep me away??

Thank you, Ian. It was by far my best performance, even if the scores don't reflect it...I was sufficiently happy that the insanity in trying to get home didn't even get to me... Anyway, I am hoping to build on this weekend's successes....
now what about that tree that needs taking down???

The pond can be used for zone accuracy regardless of wind direction, same for distance. I will talk to Hans, but we might have to block off some of the parking lot area to make that safe.

For speed carve the landing direction will have to be AWAY from the hanger - which is our predominant landing direction anyway.

Typically, this time of year, there is little to no wind (no jinx please!). Case in point - Sunday is supposed to be 97 with 1 mph wind - Sat is 96 with 3 mph wind.

edit: My preference is to run AWAY from the hanger, the landing area is much more open in that direction.
Surf's up :)

Performance Designs Factory Team

Honestly I don't think the tree is a hazard at all.

That said, it plays a BIG psychological role :)
Anyway, long as the course is run away (you guys were running towards) there's plenty of room.

There's actually a ZA course up right now :ph34r:

edit: I've attached an aerial view, and a front on view of the pond (so you can see the tree)

Oh Jeez, Ian, as if I didn't have enough issues with this CP stuff.... You know I can't deal with tree lines even 50' away w/o freaking out...:D

yeah cause everywhere you are at the ranch there is a tree line 50 ft away...

:S:S:S

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

You shouldn't be over the tree here either.

:)

You still get that visual effect of being so close though... it takes some practice to feel comfortable with it and realize the forest won't bite you =]

96 degrees in GA... hahaha. We're still getting snow on the nearby mountains here in Utah :P

Chris

Greg, Hans and I sat down and chatted about the tree this weekend.

Greg and Hans are going to trim back some of the limbs to make it a little more 'new swooper' friendly :)
We really want to make sure the pond gets used! :D

Blues,
Ian

My husband is an arborist and from what I have learned in the 14 years we've been together is that one cut nice and close to the ground will take care of all your problems :)))).... the bitch is the clean up :)
Nah, really I am a tree hugger like my hubster who is a certified "tree doctor" (pre heli school ) so I dont wanna see a good tree go down....I'll manage....