kaikai

need help finding power!

I just started flying my first crossbrace. i got the 111 xaos and i was flying a nitron before. I had the power band dialed in and I felt that i was hitting every gear right on point. But now im starting my progrssion over with 90s and im having a hard time finding the power that i fell i should have on the xoas. just seeing how everyone else is hitting there gears to get the max power. if theres any advice let me know.

yeah pho sho takin the turns higher but how you hitting your gears to get the max flight of the canopy. i feal that im making the 90s at a safe alt. but not even getting 25 % of the canopies performance if that makes sense. when i hook the riser preasure becomes so great that i lose the power band. I start slowwing the canopy down as much as possible then fronts( pull one downfurther and let the other up a little), wieght shift then rears to finsh. but just lookin for other inputs on how swoop your tits off. haha

adding weight is not needed to gain more power, in fact right now it might actually do you more harm then good when it comes to learning the canopy. proper technique will nearly always beat out added weight, and if you want an example look at jaymo. there are plenty of guys out there that weigh more then jay but because of jay's technique he is able to not only generate more power but maintane it as well.

with that being said what you're going through right now is normal. you are making a transition from "conventional" canopies to cross braced canopies and there is a definite learning curve involved with that. the best peice of advice you could have right now to build power is to explore the full range of the canopy, both the high and low speed ranges, do many high pulls practicing your perfect turns to see what not only the canopy does but what you do physically and mentally. if you do that with each canopy you own no matter if you change manufactures or downsize your learning progression will go a lot quicker
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down