Zenister

Best DZ for canopy (including swooping) coaching?

well we know its not Eloy any longer [:/]

so where should the serious student of canopy flight go to learn?

obviously aircraft, landing area, environment (both weather and culture) matter... but available coaching and easy of dedicated canopy jumps would be a larger factor IMO....

apart from funding your own plane/field and dedicated coach what operating dropzone is considered 'the best' lately?

I don't know much about the east coast, but as far as the west goes I would say Perris and Lodi.

Perris has lots of lift power, lots of loads. Not the best pond, but a pond nevertheless. No bans on turns. Some very, very good canopy coaches.

Lodi has $5 hop n pops (last I heard anyway). I don't know who all is available for coaching there, but I think TJ is, and he is OG badass! Small pond and no turn bans.

I'd hit Perris for some coaching, then head up to Lodi and practice, practice, practice...

Actually, I might just do that this summer!

Canuck

My vote goes for Deland for the canopy coaching. Hard to beat Scott Miller and the PD boys.

obviously aircraft, landing area, environment (both weather and culture) matter... but available coaching and easy of dedicated canopy jumps would be a larger factor IMO....

apart from funding your own plane/field and dedicated coach what operating dropzone is considered 'the best' lately?

Skydive The Farm has a dedicated canopy coach for all levels (Ian Drennan.. hes SA but he's OK. ;)).

Normally one aircraft flies back to back loads with no problems for hop n pops.

Seperate hp landing area, big enough to swoop the pond or the dirt.

Ian is the mainstay canopy coach, but any of the local talent will work with you. I think the separation of the landing areas is one of the best features of the dz.
Look at aerial view one and aerial zoomed on this link: http://ts.realtourvision.com/tour/BU/tour.view.new.php?utl=BU-6935-4PG3DX-01

www.skydivethefarm.com

My vote goes for Deland for the canopy coaching. Hard to beat Scott Miller and the PD boys.

How do I get in contact with Scott Miller?

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

I don't know much about the east coast, but as far as the west goes I would say Perris and Lodi.

Perris has lots of lift power, lots of loads. Not the best pond, but a pond nevertheless. No bans on turns. Some very, very good canopy coaches.

Lodi has $5 hop n pops (last I heard anyway). I don't know who all is available for coaching there, but I think TJ is, and he is OG badass! Small pond and no turn bans.

I'd hit Perris for some coaching, then head up to Lodi and practice, practice, practice...

Actually, I might just do that this summer!

Canuck

I am hitting perris 16/3 for some coaching and heading to lodi for cheap practising after that so that plan sound really cool to me.

Bo
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg