goose491

Bonehead Mindwarp

Hello all,
Happy holidays!

For x-mas, my folks are buying me a helmet. I have to pick one out and they'll order it. I really like to mindwarp but according to their website, the "Pimp Daddy" look is no longer available... How does the "Mindwarp 2002" compare??? The audible mount is internal right? Does anyone have any pointers?

Nick

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

I've got the older style as well (outside pocket) and thought it was better...until I couldn't hear the ProTrack go off in a head down-saving my money for a new style Optik or Mindwarp:)

Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

Got my new Mindwarp about 2 weeks ago and jumped it yesterday. Very comfortable and could hear the audible in the internal pocket just fine.
D28695 PoPs #9237
"Mix ignorance with arrogance at low altitude and the results are almost guaranteed to be spectacular"
— Bruce Landsberg

Hit on the risers under canopy or anything like that?

No it doesn't hit on anything. It's smaller than it may appear on the websight photos.

Does anyone have pics of somebody Wearing the new Mindwarp? I really liked the Pimp daddy style, was glad to hear they put the audible inside on the new style, then was bummed to hear that the new style makes one look like a penis. :$

Is this true? What about the FF1?

I've got the older style as well (outside pocket) and thought it was better...until I couldn't hear the ProTrack go off in a head down-saving my money for a new style Optik or Mindwarp:)

Want to sell your old style mindwarp? PM me the size/color and what you want for it. A pic would be nice too.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Yep, I like those versions too; the ones with the squared off internal audible postion. The only drawback to them is that the exteriors are coarse, not really finished smoothly. That, of course, can be rectified with some sanding and clearcoat.

Anyway, the older "pimp" mindwarps are still available as New Old Stock, you just have to look around. We just scored Katie a new metallic purple pimp mindwarp from The Sunshine Factory when we were visiting Z-hills this past weekend. Very stylish, and in her color as well!

Chuck

True, I could find an old stock Pimp Daddy but I most definately want the audible inside the helmet. It just makes more sense to me. You can protect you audible with carbon fiber... or neoprene.

As an update, I've chosen the FF1 by 2k composites. Their newest model looks just like the PimpDaddy Mindwarp and it has two internal audible holders. I'll be contacting them today.

Thanks for everyones input, it certainly was useful :)

Nick