brianfry713

PD Spire

check out the SPIRE's manual, there's a lot of good info about the SPIRE in there. the SPIRE is based on the velocity and is a very fast and advanced GL wing so IF you're jump numbers are correct i probably wouldn't advise going to the SPIRE just yet, just putting that out there ;)

Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

A couple quick Q's:

1) why did PD remove the Spire from their website?

and

2) why would the spire be recommended to be flown no higher than 1.5 WL when its based on a velo, a wing that typically gets loaded much, much higher than that?
Especially with its small sizes, and intended use of being flown with skis on, pilots are going to have a whole lot of weight on them with mountaineering gear, avy gear, ski gear, food, water, etc... I can't imagine many pilots small enough to be loading an 8 or 10m wing in the winter at 1.5. Is it just to cover their asses for when someone gets hurt?

thanks

I asked a team member this weekend, and as far as we know, it's still available -just on request.

Have you tried calling the company and asking?

Cheers for reply...

No not called them - was just checking the manufactures websites so I can update Speed-Flying.com with any new info and noticed it is no longer listed, plus there was no reply to the previous request asking the same question.
http://www.speed-flying.com - No:1 for the worldwide Speed-Riding Community