Swondpooper

accuracy round

Hi Swoopers,

I am lying in the hospital with a broken Ancle.
It happened during the Accuracy Round in a Swoopcompetition last Weekend.

I have alot of Competition Experience the last Years.
After 11 Years in Sport and more than 4000 Jumps,
I never thought that can happen to me in Swooping, special in a Accuracy Round, because this is my Favorite Game.

The only Reason why I smashed my Ancle was, that I Overshooted the maximum Zone a bit and tryed to get the 10 extra Points for the stand up landing...!

With an PLF or a crashlanding like I did all the Comps. before, it wouldnt happened.

The Worldc Cup in Sydney is Canceled for me now.
The only Positive thing is, its the end of the season.

What I like to say is:

F...k the 10 extra Points for a stand up landing, special if you got deep sand in the Zones.

Good Luck to everybody who is going to Sydney and Take care guys!!!!

G. Tobi Sch.
To be old and wise, 1st you have to be young and stupid......

With deep sand you are much more tempted not to fall down and do a stand up landing because you think it's more save than grass(for example)

Tobi I wish you also a quick recovery.
It was nice to see you again! thanks for comming to the DST. To bad you broke your ankle because your accuracy round was a nice one!!

There is nothing like a good round of zone accuracy in a swoop comp. Where else do you purposely execute a "controlled crash" just to score some points. Anyone who doesn't think swooping is a contact sport hasn't watched a round of zone accuracy in downwind conditions.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

And i'll third it.

Swooopa-x put it best after we were done with the Nats comp this year when he said that watching the dirt covered competitors walk out to the plane for the final rounds was like watching a batallion of vikings going off to raid a village :D

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Hi Tobi,
Hope your operation went well and I wish you a speedy recovery.

About the accuracy: although i never really liked the stand up rule , the real problem is that competitors can pull up as high as they want to avoid overshooting.
There´s been injuries because of that at many competitions.
Maybe a second set of sencors (for example at the end of zone 1) with vertical extension penalty (0..)can lower the risk of injuries ???

just an idea...

Bruno
wuk??

http://www.brunobrokken.com

i'm pretty sure the primary purpose of the "stand-up" rule is to make the overall event that much harder. i guess when this event was just 3 positive zones and no stand-up there were a bunch of ties.

there is no doubt though that zone accuracy is probably the hardest event on your body.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

i'm pretty sure the primary purpose of the "stand-up" rule is to make the overall event that much harder.

Stu, actually I believe it was put in as a deterant against hammering in to get the zone no matter what. Personally, I think it's ineffective in that regard - most of us don't stand up za anyway.

Blues,
Ian
ps: Tell your mom I said thanks for last night, that's one freaky lady in the sack :D
Performance Designs Factory Team

Stu, actually I believe it was put in as a deterant against hammering in to get the zone no matter what. Personally, I think it's ineffective in that regard - most of us don't stand up za anyway.

I thought it was the "no popping up 30' and stalling the canopy rule" aka the andy farrington, that was preventing us from doing that? either way, stand up or no stand up, it's brutal on the body...especially if there's no sand.

ps: Tell your mom I said thanks for last night, that's one freaky lady in the sack

excuse me, MODERATOR, please keep the subject relavent to what's been posted and not about your fantasies of shagging your own mom and not mine. Thanks and have a nice day.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

I thought it was the "no popping up 30' and stalling the canopy rule" aka the andy farrington, that was preventing us from doing that? either way, stand up or no stand up, it's brutal on the body...especially if there's no sand.

Is there a rule about that? I mean, I know we can get red/yellow carded for dangerous flying, but I don't think there's an actual height limitation.

excuse me, MODERATOR, please keep the subject relavent to what's been posted and not about your fantasies of shagging your own mom and not mine. Thanks and have a nice day.

I see your internet is back up again....:):):):) Don't get mad just cause my mom turned you down....:ph34r:
Performance Designs Factory Team