IMGR2

RDS stowage options?

Just installed my new RDS and I'm sure I will just remove it and stuff it in my swoop shorts.
I'm just curious what other ideas people have come up with.
I was thinking a spandex pouch on something that looks similiar to a cumberbun.

As for you Mr. Brains, are you gonna compete this year or just stay behind the camera and heckle?

My last jump was in Eloy during nationals:D Heckling sounds pretty good right about now.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I just stick mine between my back and container.
$=0
rigging=0:)

lost rds=$300
expression on your face=priceless
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

Every jump for the last 400-500 jumps, the only problem I have ever had was losing the p/c and d-bag when the attachment line broke on a hard opening. Maybe you should ask Luke Akins and Andy Farrington where they stash theirs, (thats where i got the idea) and how many they have lost.

the only problem I have ever had was losing the p/c and d-bag when the attachment line broke on a hard opening.

:o What RDS system and canopy was that? If that happened to my paraconcepts one it would have to be some ugly opening?
where exactly did the line break?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Isaiah from PD also stows his RDS after removal between his back and rig and says he's never had a problem. B|

I had a pleated cordura pouch sewn onto the front right thigh of my swoopy man-pris (they're Answer MX pants with the cuff cut off and hemmed to look like I know how to swoop. :P) The opening is to the outside of leg, and lays flat when nothing's in it, but can easily fit full RDS because of the pleats. It was cheap... and didn't have to mess with any elastic or spandex.B|

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

Rhys- I have one of Jeff bells systems. It had two tabs bar tacked to the trailing edge of the slider that the lanyard for the D-bag and P/C attach to. One of the tabs ripped out from the slider and the lanyard broke where the two sides come together. Jeff fixed the torn slider at no charge and has redesigned the attachment slightly to add strength. Thanks Jeff!
I have not looked closely at the Paraconcepts slider, but i would think that if it attaches to the slider in this way that it would be possible. I think the biggest factor in this is packing. Because of the stiffness of the sliders W/cable releases and the bulk of the grommets on some of the other sliders, it is very easy to have the rings not full seated when you quarter the slider, or slide down a little while S folding the canopy. If this is the case, the chance of bottom skin inflation occuring is greater, as was the case when mine broke.

Thanks for that,

I see that would be the weakest spot.

On mine it has a bar tack and looks similar to a line attachment point.

I see what you mean with not having the grommets seated properly.

I was also thinking the lines from the slider to the D Bag look like they would 'peel' the tail back and increase the speed of inflation.

I haven't jumped it yet but simulated a couple of openings and that is what happened.

I'll be doing 50 jumps with my RDS at a boogie in 2 weeks and will be doing an additional 10 jumps with the stock slider half way through the piece to compare results.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts,

Now back to the stowage options? I think I'll go for the 'stuff it all down my jumpsuit' thing for the first session to work out what I really want.

thanks for the feed back,

Blues skies and long fast swoops,

Rhys
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix