Casquito

Swoop Vertical Speeds

gotten my Xfire 119 loaded at 1.55 up to 56 MPH doing a 180 and up to 51 mph doing a 90. Just curious what speeds people have gotten a crossfire 2 119 loaded at 1.55 up to if anyone can help me out to see how far away i am from max speed.

've maxed out at 86mph (TAS, VISO) doing a 450 on a JVX80 @ 2.0. I'm not sure how much I trust that number, but it's probably pretty close.

Your freefall speed without a canopy is less than 86 mph. You expect us to believe that! :P

While the majority of my landings is in between the high eighties and low nineties (between 88 and 91, with the excepting of one 95) I now experienced a 101mph while experimentating with higher initiation altitudes. Airfield elevation was 2300ft MSL. I´m already in contact with airtec about this landing/speed due to the fact it was more than the activation speed of my speedcypres (that scared me). At the moment they are saying it´s close but still save cause the device takes airfield elevation into account. I´ll let you know if new/additional information comes in.

i don´t trust my VISO for canopy speed, but on my CF2 119 loaded at 1.85 it showed 86 mp/h with a good 270.

I found it certainly interesting that my neptune goes back into freefall mode when I let my brakes out on my Velo 103 :P

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

The "airtec-opinion" is that the neptune readings are of no use. The viso readings are good enough for them to be taken serious, but only if the device is mounted either on your back (for example behind your container) or at the very front of your upper leg. Wristmounted etc. will result in too high readings cause any move will change the airflow/pressure and result in too fast topspeedreadings...

The numbers you guys are quoting seem really freaking high to me. We have a radar gun that we use here in Colorado for some of our training. The fastest I have ever seen people going is about 84MPH in the turn an about 82 through the gates. I have Radared Stu quite a bit and he builds up a goo amounbt of speed and then slows down a little in the middle of his turn and then speeds back up through the gates. He does come through the gates with a lot of power. Those numbers were about what I was seeing at the last PST event for many of the PRO factory team swoopers.

There is a dude in NM that did a couple of test fires ons some cypresses. He was able to get it to fire when he put it in the side pocket of his shorts, but was not able to get it to fire on his back. He did not offset the cypres or anything like that.

I think the cypres is smart and calculates the pressure differential of being in your burble. That is just my opinion.