sunnydee123

2006 CPC Championships

Cross your fingers for our house sale in the next few weeks (looking good) cause that'll drive the Brazil trip.

So I'll either be getting a nice bottle of exotic Brazilian liquor, or we'll both be cursing your buyer? :S. Don't worry Ian, we'll be getting you over to Brazil.

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

Just got word of some of the final results (unofficial so don't lynch me if I got a few incorrect!!) :)
1) Junior
2) Tom Delaback
3) Keith McBeth
4) John Zuliani
5) Justin Thornton
9) Travis Stewart.

That's about all I know, but I believe there were 2 other South East boys in the top 10 as well.

Official scores coming soon I'd bet.

Blues,
Ian
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

I know for a fact that Tom Dellibac, Jr is there practicing. I believe John Zuliani flew out with him on Tuesday morning. They were both very clean in practice here at the Hills.

I never got to see Tom because he was always exiting on a seperate pass before me all comp long. But I was told that he was ripping it up (and let's not forget the cruel trick Mother Nature played on Tom's last distance run). But I did get to see the speed that John can generate and the precision of how JR and Keith Macbeth also flew. The talent this year was outstanding. The best of the best of the new pros are going to give the old timer PSTer a run for their money next season.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Velo's still ruled this comp. I had a lot of fun. Great job to all the top competitors!

Looks like they dominated the minor places (2nd-7th), since the comp was won on a VX.

thats my old 87 vx, It is a badd ass canopy.

Way to go Canada

Canada did very well this last weekend. There were 5 of us in the field of 30 total competitors with ties to Canada (only two of us live up in the Great White North though) and Canada now has 5 new pros on the tour for next season. 3 Canucks in the top 6. 4 out of the top 10 were Canadians and all 5 Canucks placed in the top 15.

Now I didn't know that John Zuliani was a Canuck until after the comp was over, but Brent Henderson who lives in Ontario flew very very well and of course Keith McBeth and Greg Chopiuk have ties to the Great White North. ;)

PS: Some of us need to talk to immigration lawyers now. :o

The Southeast boys were representing for sure...... I made a showing too ;).

There comp was good despite the occasional weather hold, no one got hurt although we had a couple awesome blade strikes B| and one round of distance was interesting when each pass had different wind conditions (started 4 mph downwind, switched to 7mph HEADwind then switched to 3 -5 cross wind, all on one round. CRAZY I TELL YA!

Think there were 9 of us from the SE region but ALL the competitors were looking AWESOME. Have to make a special shout out to Jess from CO (formerly ASC) who freakin ROCKED her canopy flying skills as did "Lew". Good job to everyone for a fun and safe comp.

Learned lots and look forward to next year! Until then.....big hugs and congrats again to our newest "Pros".

xo, D

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Jess from CO

you can count jess from the southeast to.;)

she rocks!:)

I want to know what you guys put in your water as you're obviously doing a good job breeding swoopers. Yes Jessica absolutely rocked (the girl is one hell of a good canopy pilot). Of course 29 competitors could play the "what if" game (including Jess), but I would also like to nominate Todd Spillers from TX as a candidate for most improved from last year's comp. Sure Todd can play the "what if" game like the rest of us, and even though the final results don't necessarily show it, he was flying a million times better this season than he was last year (and even he would admit this). The skill level at this year's comp was outstanding. But we've got to start neutering some swoopers from the SE to give someone else a chance at winning. You guys are breeding too many winners. :P

But we've got to start neutering some swoopers from the SE to give someone else a chance at winning. You guys are breeding too many winners.

thats competition baby!

I plan on doing my part to help see we stay on top!;)

and i'm sure there are others from around here that will also.B|

just wait till you see next year!!!!:PB|

honestly, a lot of it stems off from Hans Paulson. his influence around here has done a lot. there were others that he got his drive from, but Hans has taken it to where it is. others I remember, "kavin warren, and kevin risek. (sp)

that isn't including everyone, but it is a good portion.

now, on the other hand, what Chris Hays (sp) has done in recent years, that is what those "influenced" pilots used to "organize" themselves.B|

and then of course, Jim Slaton, who took that model Chris created, national.:)