outlawphx

Optima inside helmet

Is anyone jumping an L&B Optima inside their helmet? I just ordered one and was wondering how much wearing it inside my helmet would affect it's accuracy for swoop altitudes. In any case, I'm going to try it out this weekend and compare it to my digital altimiter. I suppose I could drill a small hole or two on the audible bump on my Optik where it sits to increase it's accuracy, but I'm not sure if that would help or not. In freefall, a couple hundred feet either way isn't that big of deal, but swooping tolerances are quite a bit smaller...

when you're under canopy, the effect of having your altimeter in your helmet as opposed to your on your wrist or leg is negligible. the air pressure in the helmet is constantly equilibrated to the ambient air pressure so, no worries.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

I've done about 25 jumps with my optima inside my 2KC FF2, and it works spot on.. I also recently purchased a Suunto Vector (Alti watch) and noticed that the Optima bleeps bang on with the watch altitudes.

Damn you cant have enough gadgets ;)

Blues.

"swooper 24/7, 365!"
ME on Myspace
My Project playlist

Thanks for reassuring me guys! I jump a Sunnto Observer also, so I'll add my own comparisons too.:)
The best news is that I found out my brand new custom Nitron arrives tomorrow B|

"Must not play hooky from work, must not play hooky from work, must...resist..." :|:ph34r::D:)