Spizzzarko

Colorado CPC

The time has come again for the Colorado Canopy Piloting Circuit. Get ready to compete and learn, as this season is promised to provide great fun and sharing of knowledge for all involved. This years events will be held over the wonderful pond at Mile Hi Skydiving Center in Longmont, Co. Never swooped a pond before? Worry not as there will be copious amounts of coaching from other competitors. Below is the schedule for canopy piloting events at Mile Hi for this season to include the Canopy Piloting Circuit (CPC) events:

22 April CPC # 1 at Mile Hi *
13 May CPC # 2 at Mile Hi *
3 June CPC # 3 at Mile Hi *
9-11 June Mile Hi PST Competition
1 July CPC # 4 at Mile Hi *
14-16 July Mile Hi PST PRO / AM Training Camp
5 Aug CPC # 5 at Mile Hi *
11-13 Aug Mile Hi PST PRO / AM Training Camp
18-20 Aug CPC Championships
8-10 Sept Mile Hi PST PRO / AM Training Camp

* The following day will be used as a weather day if needed. All dates and times are subject to change.

Remember this year you only need to attend three out of the five CPC events to be invited to the CPC Championships at Mile Hi.

Each local CPC competition will have an entry fee of $50 plus the price of jumps. Also there is an CPC initiation fee of $50 that will be due at the beginning of the season. Each CPC competition will consist of 2 rounds each of Speed, Distance, and Zone Accuracy (a hint for all you future competitors out there: Zone Accuracy is what wins the comp!). For further information on the rules and regulations please visit:

http://www.canopypiloting.com/cpc.htm

I look forward to seeing all of you out on the Circuit.

Actually I HAVE pondered it............ I want to check out the swoop park

There are days where chowing in the pond would definitely be a chilling experience since you've got to ride the trailer back to the packing area (with the wind being generated from the trailer ride). But over all, the WX in CO is awesome, the pond rocks (it's huge, but you don't need to go coast to coast) and pulling high (even higher than 5k) isn't all that bad. Of course I'm an Ice-back who's experienced much colder conditions than you FL folks could ever imagine and what's cold to you is probably warm for an Ice-back. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

If there's no prizes/purses at the local events, then what does that $50 per comp cover?

I can't speak for Grant, but besides lining his pockets (just kidding there big guy) a portion of the $50 goes towards course materials, the CPC and some may even need to go towards paying their judges this season like some of the other districts need to do. I'm not going to bother searching which thread it was in, but Chris Hayes wrote something not long ago which did a good job of making us realize where our money went. But of course Grant needs to save for his retirement as well and that's where your $50 goes ... once again, I'm just kidding.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

last year the annual fee was $25, it appears to have been raised to $50 for this season. none of it goes to the particular region from what i understand (ie does not help pay for course materials). if i am wrong please someone correct me.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

Judges will be paid this year. If there is any left over it will be distributed to winners. Any accusations of me "Linning my pockets" are unfounded and will not be tolerated. We will not have the same abortion that we had last year with members of the CPC district questioning the integrity of the organizers. Don't complain, and if you don't like how we are running it then don't compete. That is all.

Any accusations of me "Linning my pockets" are unfounded and will not be tolerated.

Easy there big fella...he's just an Ice-Back after all, we all know Steve meant no harm :P

Don't complain, and if you don't like how we are running it then don't compete.

Are we getting a little too sensitive in our old age?B|

"and if you don't like it then 'Hey Fuck You'"
--The Beastie Boys--