F16Driver

Reline on a Velocity (or any X-Brace)?

I'm so sexy they call me the "Onion" Women look at my ass and its so beautiful it makes them cry. hahahaaa I'm glad JP is secure enough in his masculinity to be able to make coments like this. What are you hiding from us Ian that is causing you to be insecure? Are you "hiding something in the closet" per se?

I'm not interested in getting a Velo, or any X brace for that matter, for a LONG, LONG TIME, maybe never (I can't afford to bust my ass right now). I am curious, though, how long does a normal lineset last you guys/gals?

With a X-brace being very sensitive to any input, how long do your lines last before you notice things going out of trim? I'm "guessing" it is less than other canopies, but I am curious as to what the average # of jumps is between changes.

I tried to do a search and didn't find anything.

I replaced my VX's vectran at 600 jumps and replaced the vectran lower control lines at 300 and 600. Probably a bit safe but did not want to be grounded due to something snapping unexpectedly - only have one rig. I have MEL's cascaded HMA with dacron LCLs. Word is I should get over 800.

rm

Hey Rob I wouldn't try to get 800 out of them. I just put 500 on my Velo 111. I was expecting to break a line soon, but not expecting all of my A's and B's to break all at once. Yes that happened to me last week. It's weird to look up and see both of your front risers flapping freely above you. Then to be instantly in an uncontrollable spiral. I will only go 300-350 on my new set

The Farm

Hey Rob I wouldn't try to get 800 out of them. I just put 500 on my Velo 111. I was expecting to break a line soon, but not expecting all of my A's and B's to break all at once. Yes that happened to me last week. It's weird to look up and see both of your front risers flapping freely above you. Then to be instantly in an uncontrollable spiral. I will only go 300-350 on my new set

Hans, the HMA that mel is using now, is different than the HMA you had break.

Hans I assume that at the Farm U have some detreminitve situasion there, I have over 2000 jumps on my 2 Xaos;s with no wear. I replaced the lower brke lines on my vectran lines on my crossfire after 500 junps because of obviouse wear. I didn't replace the lines at 600 they were fine. My Xaos's have dacron brake lines now, no worries! I will put another 1000 jumps before a reline! The openings rock and should last a long time. As I pack in clean a/c carpeted pack area!

Of course I am checking on them constantly. The stuff I have is mel's cascaded HMA, dyed blue for UV protection, installed mid 2005. Not sure of the size but it is tiny. Trying to convince my Velocity flying buddies to go for it but they are of the "must send to PD" mindset. big mistake.

rm

Hans,
That Technora on your canopy was the first ever produced by CSR(Line manufacturer).

That line was projected to last less than 200 jumps when we installed them.

Dave Hebert's canopy has the same material on it, You might want to remind him about it!

BS,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

Hans I assume that at the Farm U have some detreminitve situasion there, I have over 2000 jumps on my 2 Xaos;s with no wear. I replaced the lower brke lines on my vectran lines on my crossfire after 500 junps because of obviouse wear. I didn't replace the lines at 600 they were fine. My Xaos's have dacron brake lines now, no worries! I will put another 1000 jumps before a reline! The openings rock and should last a long time. As I pack in clean a/c carpeted pack area!

these are cascaded lines, not continuous and they all broke just above the fingertrap.