SkymonkeyONE

CPC Carolina District competition info

We in North and South Carolina already have locations and tentative dates for most of our five meets this year. They are as follows:

April 23/24: Skydive Coastal Carolinas (FINALIZED)
May 21/22: St George, SC (with their new pond!)
June 25: Chester, SC
July 30: Raeford, NC
Date TBD: Parkton, NC

We do not have Coastal Carolinas guaranteed yet, but would really love to do a meet out on the beach there. It must be noted that they have a wingload restriction on this dropzone and some potential competitors may not meet their criteria.

Smart skydivers will notice that these dates overlap those of the Carolina Skydiving League (NSL) four-way meets; this is by design. We intend to run our meets on the Sunday of those competition weekends, thereby guaranteeing a captive audience and more business for the DZO hosting those events. Likewise, if clouds are low, there is no reason we cannot conduct our meets. All of our meets will be "standard" class.

We have secured major sponsorship for our course materials and have been guaranteed plenty of prize incentive to bring the "right people" to our meets. It ought to be a fun season.

PM me if you want more info on the league

Chuck Blue

[ url "www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1418416;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"] CPC [/url]

Also look at [ url "www.canopypiloting.com" ] canopypiloting.com [/url]

That should have some details on the canopy circuit.

I don't think there's a midwest district.

We do not have Coastal Carolinas guaranteed yet, but would really love to do a meet out on the beach there. It must be noted that they have a wingload restriction on this dropzone and some potential competitors may not meet their criteria.

for a quick reference for those that are too lazy to look it up, but were curious.

Wing Loading for Skydivers
Jump Range Max. Wing Load allowed
Non-licensed 0.8
25 to 100 A-B license 1.1
101 to 200 B-C License 1.3
201 to 400 C License 1.4
401 to 600 C-D License 1.5
601 to 800 D License 1.6
801 to 1,000 D License 1.7
Over 1,000 D License Use Proper Judgment

Who in the NC/SC area (who meets the requirements) is planning on competing in the CPC? We'll start a list of names, and if you want PM me or SM1 w/ contact info, your local dropzone, number of jumps, canopy, etc.. I promise with what Chuck has gotten secured as the sponsor, we're going to have some awesome meets.

Wing Loading for Skydivers
Jump Range Max. Wing Load allowed
Non-licensed 0.8
25 to 100 A-B license 1.1
101 to 200 B-C License 1.3
201 to 400 C License 1.4
401 to 600 C-D License 1.5
601 to 800 D License 1.6
801 to 1,000 D License 1.7
Over 1,000 D License Use Proper Judgment

that isnt so bad. that is almost as it should be across the board.

question, i understand that the meet is running in conjunction with the CaSL as far as DZs and weekends....but will someone (like myself) be able to compete in both? or will they be running at the same time?

fuk it...ill just swoop it with my camera helmet on :P
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

The CaSL should be over on Sat and the CPC will start on Sun, We'll have a meeting Sat night to cover rules etc.. before each meet. Soooo yes you can compete in both.

April 23/24 at Skydive Coastal Carolinas is still the date we are trying to hammer down for our first meet, people. The course markers are paid for and will be delivered in time for the meet. Looks like Lyle Presse is going to help us out with setup and judging this first time. We are trying to make this one a beach meet on Sunday the 24th.

Details about costs are pretty much the same as all the other leagues. Fifty dollars CPC membership plus jumps for the first meet. I will try and score some prize money from other sources than membership. Both Dave and I have been very busy at our "real" jobs, so that's what the information vaccum has been about. More later.

Chuck

Well after much delay, I am officially announcing the first meet for the Carolina District will in fact be run next weekend (April 23/24) at Skydive Coastal Carolinas. Official practice will be all day Saturday the 23rd, competition seminar will be Saturday evening after the four-way meet, and the meet will commence promptly first thing Sunday morning. Six rounds: two carving speed, two distance, two zone accuracy. Lyle Presse will be up here delivering our course markers and assisting in running the meet.

Just like every other CPC league, there is a $50 league fee that must be paid. I am not going to charge anything other than the price of jumps for this meet and there is not going to be much of a prize for the winner. This will be the first of five meets this year though, so if you intend on placing in the league you need to be there.

More later,

Chuck

This meet is finalized. Lyle will be there first thing Saturday morning setting up two practice courses for competitors wanting to practice and those considering competing. Lyle will be instrumental in helping Dave and I get this first meet conducted properly. Volunteers are still needed for the day of the meet.

Chuck

Well, we were totally winded out for the entire weekend so there was no competition. Rain date for this event will be at The Cinco De Mayo Boogie at Chester, SC (Skydive Carolina) unless Danny won't let me run it then.

On a positive note, Lyle showed up with our brand new course (20 IPC/PST markers) and we got to practice assembling the parts and putting up a course. Lyle and I ran an "intro to competition canopy piloting" seminar which drew quite a crowd on Saturday afternoon after the day was called for wind.

Skydive Coastal Carolinas is a beautiful dropzone. Great new building, nice landing area, beautiful view of the ocean and the intracoastal waterway. Hopefully we can put something together down there on the beach in the near future.

Chuck

yea it sucked about the wind. that seminar was great, i learned quite a bit from it and some of the other locals were talking about it all night about how much they learned. it would definately be great to get something going again down there and i think it would be awesome to do it on the beach.

Unfortunately, neither Dave nor I can make it to the Cinco de Mayo boogie in Chester due to "real" work commitments, so we are going back to plan "A" and will be running the first round of the Carolina CPC at St George on the weekend of 21/22 May. Hope to see a good crowd there.

Chuck

St. George, South Carolina

I am going to talk to Jack about maybe flying some hop-n-pop loads on that friday before, for anyone that may want to come get used to our "tight","little" ......DZ. If anyone is interested, let me know.
Live today as tomorrow may not come