fundgh

Aug 2004 USPA calender Picture

How the hell do you guys carve like Craig Saucier is seen doing at the Ranch in the Picture on the USPA calender? It looks like one of the most fun things you can do under canopy.

Don't worry, I am not looking for instructions, and I sure as hell ain't gonna go out and try it. But from my limited experience, I just can't see how you could get yourself into that position. Does it require a lot of speed, or is just a precise timing thing?

One day, I want to drag my end cells in the water!
...FUN FOR ALL!

How the hell do you guys carve like Craig Saucier is seen doing at the Ranch in the Picture on the USPA calender? It looks like one of the most fun things you can do under canopy.

hi fundgh :)
awww, that's so cool that craiglet is in the calendar! i had No Idea that picture was published in there!

you can actually watch craiglet perform that move in the Swoop 2 video. if you know someone who has a copy of that kick-booty-video, you can definitely see that move, along with many other great swoops. B|

just in case anyone wants to know what pic fundgh is talking about... this is it: Craiglet Carve taken by Josh Hill! yaaaay!

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Hey, I forgot that was this month's picture... that was one mad swoop... he almost pulled it out too...

Swoop 2 is a cool vid also... I really like the first full swoop the show at the begining!B|

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Single nices example of a wingover I've ever seen has got to be JC at the 2004 PST Frestyle comp.

There used to be a shot of it on the CP.com website, but it's not to be forund right now.

Hip and wingtip draging water while on rear risers, pulle it out clean.

It will be a while before I'm grown up enough to be that good.

:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Yea, you need a LOT of speed. The faster you get, the deeper you can take your carves.

-R

Don't worry, I am not looking for instructions, and I sure as hell ain't gonna go out and try it. But from my limited experience, I just can't see how you could get yourself into that position. Does it require a lot of speed, or is just a precise timing thing?

One day, I want to drag my end cells in the water!

You be the king and I'll overthrow your government. --KRS-ONE

Ya know Bella, I'd love to sit down and pick Heaths brain about that sometime. Every time I see him lay that wing over I think to myself "Goddamn, the size of that mans balls must be the only thing that swings him under the wing safely again!!" B|

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Or more specifically, a "death spiral", the kind of which paraglider pilots have been doing for a while... but they can get much more lift. :P

The acro is always impressive though. :)
http://www.redbullwings.com/player.php?video=2003_Cleveland_Action

The "1st Day" and "Run 03 Expression Session" are pretty good for oddly orientated canopies close to the ground :o;)

http://www.redbull-vertigo.com/en/download.htm
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13