superstu

NW canopy pilots

any NW canopy pilots want to meet up a couple of times this summer at different dz's around the NW (ie kapow, SDO, eugene skydivers)? we could hold a little informal competition or just fuck around and share tips and tricks during a weekend.
let me know what you guys think. a couple of us, 4 or 5, from eugene skydivers were thinking about doing this. see ya
safe swoops
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

I'm all over it. I'll bring an extra wingsuit, as well, in case anyone wants to go up on there first flight.

I was home sick yesterday and managed to repair a Japanese PC9 that I bought for dirt cheap off of eBay. So, I basically have a "pond camera" now (my main one is a PC105). I'd prefer to keep it out of the water, but I'm willing to lend it to those who want to film their pond swoops without risking their camera. I don't have lenses for it, though, so bring your 37mm wide angles.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

hellya manbird, i'd love to try a wingsuit. also if or when we get enough footage we could probibly make a video at the end of the season as well. i'll bring my camera, dan i'm sure will bring his on some of the trips.
Slip Stream Air Sports

You during-the-week bastards. I probably could, but I'll be drinking at 3pm. Just finished the McMenamins site (http://www.mcmenamins.com), and we're having a launch party involving large amounts of liquor (if the site is still ugly, it's because the DNS hasn't resolved). I'm out on Sat and Sun, though. Are you just jumping in Creswell over the weekend? You have to hit SDO on the weekend and let us take you to the Acrop on Saturday night.

Click

Did you guys come out on Friday? I generally can't make it on Fridays, though I may take one off to go do a day of hop and pops with you guys. SDO was kicking ass this last weekend. Hybrids, twelve-ways, three - four wingsuit people, and tons of swooping.

Here's a fraction of the swooping activity (and a wingsuit snippet thrown in for no reason) from this weekend:

http://www.deepart.org/files/24apr2004.wmv

Click

no, we suck we never made it up. There were a ton of tandems and we "opened" a new swoop pond that is right near the dropzone. We're checking up on land ownership, and being able moving some dirt around the edges to make it more swooper friendly, but it's pretty sweet. Y'all can come to down here to Creswell and pracitce your dead-man swoops over water for $5/ per hop-n-pop.

we "opened" a new swoop pond

HAHA!! Nice. How about Sunday? All my gear's (shared) in a locker at SDO now. I'll jump at SDO on Saturday, take my gear home, and then head down there on Sunday, if you guys are going to be there.

I'll go ahead and bring my GTi if anyone is interested in a first flight, fits my suit, and has adequate experience and gear.

Click

hell yes stu count me and bobby in from sdo. i think sdo would be the best place to to this. our swoop pond is beutiful, zaz is too slow moving getting this swoopclub off the ground i say we take over and get this shit done. contact me or bobby and lets green light this project.
p.s. ive heard alot of good stuff about your swoops looking forward to meeting you and talking
jeff sdo

steve, that is a pretty sweet video, very cool.

So it sounds like there are at least a few people that would be interested in starting some sort of canopy club at various dz's around the NW, which is good. I think i'll be up at SDO this saturday, what time do wheels usually go up on sat.? i wouldn't mind if we could get a few people out early before the winds pick up to swoop the pond. we can also discuss what we want to do for this summer season, i.e. competitions, trips, and so on. I personally would really like to go to kapowsin because i have never been.

Brian Giles is out with a slight injury due to the recent addition of our pond. but dan, kim, you guys want to meet up at SDO saturday, then be back down in crestucky sunday?

see ya guys later
Slip Stream Air Sports

10am, but I've been showing up around 11am. Friday night is what I call "sleep night". It's the one night of the week that I get more than three hours of sleep.

Good plan. SDO on Saturday. Kentuckwell on Sunday.

Click

I'd love to come up to SDO on Saturday-

If you cats wanna organize some kind of low key swoop thing we should get on it and put it together. All of our comps in creswell are straight distance, it would be fun to do an in-lane-carving contest or something like that (assuming it's gonna be warm)

Brian Giles is out with a slight injury due to the recent addition of our pond. but dan, kim, you guys want to meet up at SDO saturday, then be back down in crestucky sunday?

...hey, goin to sdo sounds like fun, but i will be in newport friday night until sunday morning. stu/dan... know how long gile will be out for?

dan...birdman on sunday?;)

The GTI is ready to rock. As you can see by kim's post the local girlies are all over that bird-stuff (Kim likes to ride me...;) sorry Kim, couldn't resist. Kim will probably have enough jumps by this weekend to do some bird-coaching if you bring your GTI town, she makes like 50 jumps a week. I'm always down to flock as long as you don't mind flying dirty and keep the laughing about my stonelike fall rate to a minimum

Here's a fraction of the swooping activity (and a wingsuit snippet thrown in for no reason) from this weekend:

nice video. it looks like everyone in it needs to start way further back though ;).

don't but skurred, coming up short never hurts, you just get a little wet that's all :PB|

later

There was about a 15 knot tailwind. Everyone had to fly into the wind from where the group opened in order to setup. Safe altitude took priority over accuracy... which is why the last swoop was sort of a bailout.

Click