skyejumper

Swoop article in Sports Illustrated

There's a big article on swooping in this week's issue of Sports Illustrated. It's in the SI Adventure section, so I'm not sure if it would be in the regular issue on the newstand. Focuses primarily on Perris jumpers (as well as Heath), and the upcoming meet. There's also a small section on the Perris wind tunnel.

I'll bring a few copies to Perris next time I'm out there. If anyone here thinks they're in it, shoot me a private message and I can send you a copy. The photos are of Heath, Jim Slaton, and Luigi. Good luck to all of you who will be competing. :)

so skye did ya bang some heads and rattle the cages as to why their own resident skygoddess didnt get any input? and fix the silly errors too??

just kidding...great to see swooping in a mainstream magazine, just wish it was a little more mainstream so i could pick on up while i'm stuck in texas...

oh yea...you rock chicka!

Photos are by Francisco Neri. Article was written by Franz Lidz.

Photos were not shot by him. The ones shot here in Perris was by Jesse a skydiver and Sports Illustrated photographer as well as her father. I'm standing behind Jim Slaton in the truck picture :)

Did they give them credit for the photos? Is his name Heinz Kluetmeier? I'm looking at the magazine now, and Heinz is the only other name I see that might relate to the photos. What are you wearing in the truck photo? I know all of you in the photo, and if this is who I think it is, you know me. :)