SPY

Xf2 and rear risers landing

Hi there!

I may begin rear risers swoop this summer and want some inputs specific to the crossfire2.

Do you guys piloting an XF2 have consistantly landed it with rear risers? If so I will greatly appreciate any review about it that covers transition between rear risers and toggles flare, stall point and any other aspect you noticed.

Big thanks to you !

S-P
===========================

i've played along with it some but am fare from proficient, be sure to practice high, get used to transitioning from risers to toggles etc and find the stall point. also make sure you know where the rear riser stall point is as high speed stalls can occur on rear risers.

i've had some good results though thus far with my xf2 winged at 1.75:1 just be careful you dont' peter pan it
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

i've transitioned to using rears on landings about 100 jumps ago on my current xf2 109. i was fearful at first of going to them but found that the transition was a lot easier than i expected. before using them on the ground i did play with them a bunch at altitiude. i also came in for landings a little higher than my normal 270 approach to see what kind of lift they had without being dangerously close to the ground.
before i tried them i was very consistent in my 270's with my dive planeing out on by themselves with little or no input. because i was proficient at letting the canopy recover out of its dive, i did not have to rely on digging out with toggles like most do. this help my transition since i wasn't relying on rears to dig out either.
as far as the stall point, i've tried up high to get it to stall in a high speed dive, what i might do if i was in the corner and tried to dig out. i was not able to get my xf to stall at high speed. and i was pushing the risers out as hard as i could. as far as slow speed, yes it will collapse, just like everything else out there.
i've had success transitioning and found that you get more response than you'd think.
good luck and try them up high many times before bringing lower....

I land with rears about 95% of my jumps.. (transitioning to toggles about 1/2 to 3/4 the way into the swoop). I dont want to go much into detail...1: what works for me may not work for you, 2: what works for me may not be what I can tell you (since my inturpretation of what I do may not be actually what I do), 3: there are many other more experienced canopy pilots here that can better answer your questions.
However, I will say this: I have landed my cf2 (111 loaded at 1.85) in 0 wind without even touching the toggles at all. The stall will come a little faster than on toggles, but it seemed to be a fairly deep stall point in rears compared to some other canopies. I have landed about 30 times without using any toggles at all and have never had a problem with it...(***three taps on wood***)

hope that helps in one way shape or form...

I land with rears about 95% of my jumps.. (transitioning to toggles about 1/2 to 3/4 the way into the swoop). I dont want to go much into detail...1: what works for me may not work for you, 2: what works for me may not be what I can tell you (since my inturpretation of what I do may not be actually what I do), 3: there are many other more experienced canopy pilots here that can better answer your questions.
However, I will say this: I have landed my cf2 (111 loaded at 1.85) in 0 wind without even touching the toggles at all. The stall will come a little faster than on toggles, but it seemed to be a fairly deep stall point in rears compared to some other canopies. I have landed about 30 times without using any toggles at all and have never had a problem with it...(***three taps on wood***)

hope that helps in one way shape or form...

Yohsi...you're my HERO!! Now shut up and pass me the bong!! :)

Scott
I read somewhere to learn is to remember and I've learned we all forgot