kansasskydiver

Crossfire 1 or 2?

I currently fly a Crossfire 1 129 and a Crossfire 2 130. I load them at 1.8 to 1. The Crossfire 2 has about 1/2 the front riser pressure of the Crossfire 1, it also has a longer recovery arch and is alot more sensitive to harness input than the Crossfire 1. Along with all of that the Crossfire 2 turns alittle quicker and seems to fly faster. I prefer my Crossfire 2 by far but also enjoy flying the Crossfire 1 too. Both canopies open great, nice and soft.
Kirk

Im interested in opinions from people who have thorough experience on both the 1 and 2. Ive seen posted that the 2 doesnt perform(swoopwise) as well as the 1. Although a longer recovery arc it sort of gets to a certain speed then stops accelerating. I believe that you can still buy a 1 brand new which would seem to support that. Or the possibility of that.

There is also a huge difference between the modded and un-modded crossfire 1s.

Hooknswops and I have both jumped a crossfire 1 un-modded 104 and a crossfire 2 108. Since I don't swoop you may want to PM him for info about that.

Both open dreamy soft, but the 2 seemed to open a bit harder than the 1.

Front riser presure was about the same on both, although maybe a bit higher on the 2.

The 2 turned faster than the 1 (it's more tapered than the 1) and was more senstive to harness imput.

The 2 seemed to have more bottom end the than the 1.

The 2 had a longer recovery arch and seemed to fly a bit faster than the 1.
Fly it like you stole it!

ICARUS Canopies doesn't make the Crossfire 1 anymore!

If you are interested to hear opinions from those who jumped the 1 and the 2 a lot you should contact Team Endeavour (Swiss 4-way team, based in Eloy).

You can find their contact details here: http://www.endeavour.ch/php_eng/info01.php

blue skies,

Joris van Drunen
ICARUS Canopies Europe
ICARUS Canopies Europe
c/ Valles s/n, El Ramassar
08520 Las Franquesas
Barcelona, SPAIN