rmcvey

wings reserve sizing help please

On the sizing guide for the wings the w5 says it will fit the tempo 120 raven 120 and then pd 126 (tight)

I have a Pd 126 R and was looking for advice on just how difficult this will be to pack. (with a cypress as well)

How tight is "tight" (if you see what im getting at?)

Any riggers packed this combination??

Thanks Dave. I try to keep an eye on all the threads but sometimes I miss a few. If anyone has posted a question but wants to email us directly you can write me at [email protected]. [email protected] is okay too.

Rob and I have emailed back and forth. All is well. I'm short on time but I'll post our answers to his questions tomorrow in case anyone else was wondering.

blue skies!
Heather

A PD 126R (or 135-M, etc) and a Cypres will fit in the W-4, W-5 and W-6 reserve trays as well as the W-7, W-8 and W-9 trays. We've had many riggers use this combination now and we have not received any complaints about it being difficult to pack. It also won't be so tight a fit that the reserve tray "encroaches" on the main tray. (It doesn't make it harder to fit the main in the rig) The same goes for any other reserve/container combinations on our sizing chart that say "tight."

I own a W-6 now, with a PD126R, Cypres and a Lotus 136 main. It's a very nice combination. I prefer that size to my old W-8.

blue skies!
Heather

I noticed Wings made changes to the reserve sizing chart on the website. I noticed, however, that you don't have any sizing listed for the Tempo 170. At the same time, you have fittings listed for the Tempo 190. As far as I know, 170 is a standard Tempo size, but 190 is not. Is this correct? Is the chart in error?