BluDvn222

Video on the net of 418 ft swoop??????

Okay ... talked to him today ...

He did it in Perris, and yes, he has video on VHS. He's leaving tomorrow for a week, but when he gets back, I'm going to remind him to bring the VHS, and I'll record it on my camera and firewire it to digital and upload it to the ftp site.

He said the video's not that great, though ... it's a front view (he's starts the swoop facing the camera and passes it and the camera shows him from behind for the rest. Can't really see the distance he went. A better shot would've been from above or a long distance side shot, but oh well. I'm sure it'll still be entertaining!

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

BTW ... here's something I found on PD's "hot news" section of their website:

Velocity's break the World Swoop Record for distance.... a wicked 418 feet/126 meters.

Shannon Pilcher of the PD Factory Swoop Team, flying a Velocity 103 went an incredible 418 feet/126 meters and right behind him Ian Bobo his team mate on the PD Factory Swoop Team, jumping a Velocity 96 went a huge 372 feet/112 meters. Just to put that in perspective.......both of those distances are over the length of a football field which happens to be 300 feet/90 meters.

Some perks about having Deland as my home DZ is there are a lot of people around that I learn and ask questions from. I've learned half the stuff I know today just from hanging in the bar every night!! Everyone there is really cool and awesome, I never understood some of the bad things I've heard about the DZ!! It's no problem for me at all to try and answer questions others may have if I am in direct control over getting the info they need ... I'm happy to pass on info because I get SOOO much from everyone, I feel like I should do what I can as well!

Okay .. I've got the video in hand ... I just need to find time to transfer it to my camera and firewire it to my computer ... I've been pretty busy, but I'll get it done sometime soon!

Okay, so I've been trying to record it on my camera from the VCR and my old-ass camera bit the big one ... it kept eating my mini-DV tape and I couldn't fix it. Until I can find a camera to borrow, I won't have this up!

Um, come on now you know where the best place around to do this is. Figure it out yet, the video lab at the perfect spot, just bring the tape, next time you come to the dz, It can be converted and Emailed to your address in no time. Bring the tape and find me next time your at the dz, we can work it out no problem. Ask next time.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

This is a post to put this back near the top. This post is simply an attempt at a subtle reminder. This post is simply out of curiousity if our good friend TB has figured out anything. Call it post-whoring if you want, but it serves its purpose.

"How do you like my groin to your foot style?"

LOL, thanks ... I keep forgetting to put the tape in my gear bag so every time I go to the DZ, I kick myself ... I'm putting the tape in my gear bag now, so when I go jumping next, I'll get some work done with it!!

Appreciate the effort. Still looking forward to it. Of course if I ever got the "Out of the blue" dvd it would help pass the time :)

WFFC 2002 RANTOUL arriving in 5 DAYS! YaHOO!;)
-Grant G. /Maytown SPC

I gave the tape to Air Jose here in Deland who is our video GURU. He transferred the VHS on to a miniDV tape, but hasn't compressed the video yet onto the computer. I keep asking him about it, but the last 2 days, I haven't had the tape on mind ... I haven't even been at the DZ, but at the hospital instead.
I'm sorry for the delay, I promise I will post this ... I'll pressure Jose some more next time I see him (didn't feel like asking him about it today while in the hospital).

Talked to him today ... he's almost done, all he has to do is compress it. Now, when he's going to do that, I don't know ... I'll ask him about it every time I see him at the DZ. I'll post when it's done.