diveout

Aerodyne's new stuff- A-Max

I just got off the phone with the folks at Aerodyne. Their new swoop machine is called the A-max. It will be available for demos in about six weeks from distributors.

It is only going to be manufactured in sizes 90-104, so all you feather asses and 250lb exit weight folks like me are out of luck if you want to try one (at least for now). It is supposed to be competitive with the velocity.

The guy on the phone seemed to think that there were only 30-40 people in the world who could possibly want something smaller than a 90, and that the market just wasn't there for anything bigger than a 104 or smaller than a 90...too bad for them

>The guy on the phone seemed to think that there were only 30-40 people in the world who could possibly want something smaller than a 90

I believe this. Most people jumping stuff that small usually are factory sponsored guys or are the guys that really should'nt be jumping it anyways.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

A more realistic estimate would be something like 200-300 (there are over 100 PST Pro qual'd pilots alone), but I'm sure it's still quite small.

Edit: Of course many of the PST Pro qual'd pilots fly something larger than a 90 (e.g. me), but the majority fly something smaller.

Jason

The guy on the phone seemed to think that there were only 30-40 people in the world who could possibly want something smaller than a 90,

Interesting. ... That many people can be counted easily. Hmmm...
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Interesting. ... That many people can be counted easily. Hmmm...

me me, i'm on that list :P but i think there numbers are a bit off.

there are more people than 30 or 40, a lot more i'm sure

and i also think they should be making bigger sizes. i will be talking to them about that soon

later

later

That's what I meant. 30 or 40 is a rather Low guestimate. Smaller than 90 is becoming rather common. One can only guess that larger sizes will come about fairly soon. (soon being a season or 2)
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

One can only guess that larger sizes will come about fairly soon

maybe in the competitions or something so they can go futher. but for regular sport jumpers, like me, i won't get a bigger canopy to jump in, i like to go fast :P. hell, i still want like 75 or something to jump with, like in an extra rig. but for competions, i will defintally stay with at least the size that i have now.

later

later

That's what I meant. 30 or 40 is a rather Low guestimate. Smaller than 90 is becoming rather common. One can only guess that larger sizes will come about fairly soon. (soon being a season or 2)

Maybe he meant 30 ro 40 people that would want to buy an A-Max under 90 square feet. This type of canopy has a lot of competition.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!