Cyco

COED 170

Also posted in the rigging section

I have recently been given a coed 170 from a friend, I load it at 1.3 and have put about 10 jumps on it.I seemed to have gotten around the hard openings that they are known for with some help from my rigger but am still having some difficulties in zero wind landings. I just dont seem to get enough flare out of it resulting in some fast landings, I even busted my little finger 5 days ago from one such arrival.

Any info about this canopy is appreciated

There are alot of unknowns as to its history. I did get a rigger to give an inspections and he said it was in quite resonable condition. It is 50/50 ZP/F1-11 so maybe the F1-11 (bottom skin) is getting a bit tired as well ?

I used to also jump a coed 170,it was my first canopy after qualifying.[kept for 100+ jumps or so] I can only agree with you in saying it was never the best flaring canopy out there,in fact i used to say landing it was a black art.however i did find taking half a wrap on the toggles would be enough to generate that much needed extra lift to keep me on my feet.tough a short sprint/surf was often required especially on nil wind days.
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

;) Thanks for the info trigger, My rigger was the one who mentioned it was a hybrid but it looks as though a bit more research is needed as to the fabric and if so a change of canapy looks like it will be needed.

What is the max loading fo a f111 canapy. I thought 1.3 wouldnt be too bad??

By the way I will try putting a wrap in the toggles when my finger heals

COED?

hmm. is that a CoDe Copy? Buddy of mine has one. He can land it, but he has to nail the flair. So, if it is similar, to make it work, yah, you have to flair just right, not as much margin for sloppiness as a newer zp.

I jumped a turbo z once too. Ach! The girl's who it was was trying out mine, to see what a safire was like. I think that was the last day she jumped her turbo z. A world of difference. She bought a sabre, and suddenly realized her crashing on landing all the time wasn't always her fault.

As far as hybrid. PD Siloettes are, and they are a rad canopy.

New canopy dude. Not that what you have is bad, just that a well used sabre with a good line set will make you feel like a swoopmaster.

c O

----------------------------
bzzzz

is that a CoDe Copy

PD Siloettes

Is that a copy of the PD Silhouette? :P

Oh brother, I miss a couple letters in a word, and the sky begins to fall. Hmm. See, I think writeing should be a free form expression, allowing the essence of thought to flow, to get to the depth of meaning, to reach understanding beyond mere words.

That or I can't spell.

----------------------------
bzzzz