BMFin

Mirage options

howdy !

I would like to hear some opinions about the freefly handle for mirages. Should I get the hacky or the freefly ? Why ?

What about triple riser setup ? What would be the advantages or disadvantages on that option ?

Thanks !

howdy !

I would like to hear some opinions about the freefly handle for mirages. Should I get the hacky or the freefly ? Why ?

What about triple riser setup ? What would be the advantages or disadvantages on that option ?

Thanks !

The freefly handles are very secure and functional, the BOC design is very solid also. Mirage makes an excellent product with excellent bridal protection etier way you go. the pud may be a little more secure for vertical flying. Which design are you looking at G3, G4?

triple risers some people say give you a better flare, I don't think they do when you're flying a high performance canopy correctly. they do add bulk to your pack job though (watch the riser covers, I don't think it would be an issue, but there is more material going over your shoulder). Does Mirage make a standard triple?

I really don't think there is much advantage of the freefly handle over the hacky as far as being freefly friendly. There might be an advantage of the handle
in reducing exit door snags...but is it significant??

The triple risers are a pain to pack. I had them on one of my canopies and really didn't notice a difference. This forum has discussed triples many times, do a search and see. I believe concensus was that they made a difference only at higher loadings.

There might be an advantage of the handle
in reducing exit door snags...but is it significant??

I guess you didn't read my post about having my hackey get lodged under the flap handle of a 182 on my way out onto the step. Very scary, luckily another jumper was heads up, saw it, stopped me, then IADed me off the step, everyone was fine with nothing more severe then an increase in heart rate.

The FF hackey on my Wings has very very little chance of doing that.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

i guess apparently so, I've never seen one on a Mirage, maybe he would be the first!;)... seen them on vectors, and the packers reported that they were a pain in the shorts to pack.

I guess they not so rare. Heres one triple setup in mirage harness from the gallery : http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Photo_Submissions/Swooping&image=Konsta_water_swoop.JPG&img=&tt=

I recently bought a Wings h/c with freestyle handle, and I' was very satisfied with that decision. It is secure, always at same place...But after reading what happened to Lukas Knuttson:( I don't think that was such a god idea. It's a much easier for bridle to be caught on a f/s handle (if your p/c ends in a burble) than on hacky (f/s handle has 4 corners).
Blues...
I.